IGNORED

Do people notice you in your classic Z on the road?

deadflo

Heads turn, smiles evolve, jealousy shows it's green hue, people notice! Could be we're in the Bay Area, could be 'cause I'm beaming with humungous smiles since Hubby chipped off the tar mat and found no rust on our '71 240Z, could be that it just sounds hell-o-good! 'course it could be just because it ROARS when you run her and she can tell it like it i!

A Classic Z just can't go unnoticed! It just can't doesn't make sense!

IMO, the newer Mustangs resemble the older ones. The 250Z doesn't have anything in common with an S30 except the letter Z.

Ford wanted to take the styling cues from some of the pervious gerneration Mustangs of different years, ie the dash, front and rear tailights and a lot of the lines are the same. Nissan didn't seem to make as much as an effort to do this with the 350, other than the dash in my opinion resembles an s30somewhat with the three gauges in the center. Let's just be glad Nissan didn't do what Dodge did to the with new Charger!:stupid:

What is a 250Z?

I was not a fan of the 350Z - I thought of it as a clone of some other cars on the market, "but" the more I look at them recognizing their tunability, current cashe and when I disassociate with the actual Z the more I like them.

If only I could fit in a one.

The Z name is the connection. You dont have to like the 350z but there is a connection to s30's. After all it is a Z.

I dont expect some guy in a mustang to recognize my car but i expect him to recognize an older mustang.

Well, that wasn't really my point. The 350 Z is about as different from an S30 as a Mustang is. The Z name is only a connection in marketing terms. I really don't expect any recognition from either the Mustang driver or the 350Z driver.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the deal , it's all about attitude ,and these car's are all that ! they are absolute magnets and no one can resist the draw when there is one parked\driving anywhere ! I feel proud to pull up beside a high end car and watch someone look over to check out my ride , and it feels even better to know that I don't have to pay outrageous moneys to have my car repaired\tuned or otherwise .Long live the Z

See ya fellow magnets

Chris

BTW , I know of only a couple of other early Z's in my community so we do tend to stick out !

I remember reading years ago that Nissan was coming out with a new Z. At the time I read that they were going to take styling cues from the original Z and go back to the roots of the car, a fast, inexpensive, lightweight 2 seater. I eagerly awaited its arrival and have to admit, I was sadly dissapointed. I had seen some early mockups and artist renditions and the final car was nothing like them. It seems besides the 2 seats, 3 gauges in the center of the dash they got lost along the way.

I have only had my car out on the road 3 times since getting it in September (I finally got the title last week from the P.O.), I have had a few people look at it at traffic lights and thats about it.

I have only seen 2 others on the road in the past year, so it does tend to stick out.

Well, the 350Z's (as well as the newest altima) kinda have the s30 hips. Not quite as bold, but I can see it. I hate to admit it.

I do like the 350Z's. I like everything that has a Z attatched to it, though. Since it'll be a cold day in hell before I see another s30 in my neighborhood, I'll take what I can get. Plus, those other Z guys get so excited when an s30 shows up.

Just the other day I was driving along and saw another red 280zx driving my way! It was a lovely day so the window was down, I waved and he waved back.

I've had the zx for a couple years now, and this is just the 3rd one I've seen in town...and the first to acknowledge mine.