IGNORED

Do people notice you in your classic Z on the road?

deadflo

Hi everyone,

Its been a while..........I get the usual thumbs up while on the road but, I always find it a bit humorous when younger folks see it parked and get a funny look on their face and ask, "what is a Datsun?" So, I give them a brief history lesson about Datsun.

Tom

Everywhere I go they love my car, Me and my dad were on a roadtrip to NewMexico last summer and we had girls takin pictures of us at this gas station we stopped at, Then one time in Arizona I got pulled over the cop walked half way to my car and turned around, got in his car and drove off. Im convinced he just wanted to look at my car. Setting those two experiences aside, every time I take my car out I get atleast 1 complement regardless of where I go. I love my 260z.

What a great thing it is to have a little car that garners so much attention! My experiences are very much the same, the only thing I don't like is the attention from the police. There are a couple of small towns in my area where the police are real DiHicks. They most always give the plates and various stickers the once over then give me a nod. Good Times.

For myself every one is looking at my Z when it is parked on the street. At the mall. When i put some gas in it. I received a note under my wipper once.

Got to my car after being at the post office ther was i guy taking pictures of it. I also have A Mini cooper S 2007 laser blue and white with Chrome line

option and it is not turning head as the Z is. The main difference is that the Mini turns young heads the Z turns everyone. I am in Quebec and here with

the slat in winter there are very few good shape Z and mine is in very good shape.

I get noticed constantly here in the Medford OR area. And my 280Z looks like crap! I bought it a couple of months ago. Barely running. Primer spots all over old paint. Interior gutted. But I'm starting to restore it. I got it running great! So now I drive it regularly. Thumbs up, waves, people checking it out in the parking lots. Wait till I drop a paint job on it! I love owning/driving a Z!

We have been remolding Bill Brown Ford on and off for a while now.

First in the back in the service area last year. If it is nice and i don't need my truck i will drive one of my cars.

My 78 is apart for paint but i have two on the road my 83zx and 83 rx7.

When working out back all the service guys and costumers would gonk all day.

Now we are working up front i and pull inside to unload. The front garage is huge they prep cars for the showroom

and prep cars for pickup after sales. Anyway i had my 83zx parked inside there for a few days. More then one salesmen started telling there Z story. The owner who is a hot 30 something chick really liked the z.

Most people under 20 didn't know what it was. Anybody that walked by stopped and looked.

Every body would ask whose car is this and why is it in this FORD DEALERSHIP.

The only wear on this car is a suntan on the rear shock towers.

BGM

Actually people do comment on my car. I met a couple of friends this past week end at a local park. We met there to convoy up to Limerock. My first friend has a 2010 Shelby GT 500, second friend has a 2012 S4. The three of us were parked along the curb waiting for the fourth to arrive. Well guess who people would come up to?;) Me. It was kind of funny. People would come walking in our direction and suddenly veer off and come to me and ask me questions about my car. Even little babies 3-4year olds would point to my car and want to see it. I had to try hard to keep my smirk to myself. It wasn't until my third friend arrived, that the attention shifted from my car to his. He has an 06 Ford GT:love:

• 1 month later...

I went to Supercar Sunday early this morning in the Z and saw some awesome cars, including a Skyline (which had the steering wheel and pedals on the WRONG side of the car). So after a drive through the canyons, I was going to the shop to work on the roadster, and the guy next to me keeps giving me the thumbs up, (I swear it was the thumb). So I turn to look, and it was Jay Leno in some early 20's right hand drive Rolls Royce looking thing- or some other car way out of my league.

I knew he had owned a roadster back in the day, but it was nice to see that he had a appreciation for the Z as well.