IGNORED

Z Parts Glut on EBay

kurtwwalters

I just did a search in Parts and Accessories on EBay on '240z' like I do a few times a week. Normally I come up with 750-900 maybe hits tops. This time I came up with 1451! I have a few items in there, tail light trim and odds and ends - now it seems like there are six of everything I'm selling! A lot of the latest new ads are from 'datsunonthebeach' in Colorado. Anybody heard of them? Is it sombody going out of business or something?

ztrain what are you looking for? there's are like 5 or 6 620's in ecology in chula vista. i know what you mean about 620 parts it seems that the trucks

get picked over much faster than the z cars.

rex

Yeah...they put out a thing here a while back on eBay stating that they were going to be doing a "Blow Out" sale of EVERYTHING...I've bought a few things from them in the past...seem to be pretty honest and all that stuff...

webdawg1

Yeah I saw that too.

Did a "Datsun" search and had to skip like 10 pages (at 100 items a page)

to get past those peoples stuff :)

Sooooo Manyyyyyyyyyy Parts ....

~Z~

Wings, If you do a 240Z search with the Search title and description box checked there is a way to weed out most of the Datsun of the Beach auctions if you don't want to wade through them. Just search 240Z - beach. I did it both ways with just 240Z I got 2114 returns, with the "-beach" added I only got 1686. So, it looks like D of B has about 428 items listed that I won't have to look at if I chose the "-beach" option. If you don't search descriptions as well, your probably out of luck using this method. Hey, this was my 770th post, same number as my car's production date 7-70. Gary D.

I just did a search in Parts and Accessories on EBay on '240z' like I do a few times a week. Normally I come up with 750-900 maybe hits tops. This time I came up with 1451! I have a few items in there, tail light trim and odds and ends - now it seems like there are six of everything I'm selling! A lot of the latest new ads are from 'datsunonthebeach' in Colorado. Anybody heard of them? Is it somebody going out of business or something?

I understand that the owner's name is Jim and he has a T-shirt shop in Estes Park, CO which is a tourist town near Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park. The shop also sells Datsun Z parts. Jim bought T&D Auto's inventory of used Z parts a couple of years ago.

Before T&D Auto closed down their Z repair & body shop in Hygiene, CO a few years ago, I dropped by and met Dale the owner. Dale must have had at least a dozen Z part cars (mostly 240s) sitting there and about 10 old VW buses converted to storage units and crammed with Z parts!

It looks like Jim is really starting to get serious about making a dent in that huge inventory of Z parts and list them on Ebay.

:) He is from Estes Park and a good friend. He does have a lot of Z's. I have gotten a lot of parts from him. We have been know to stand around in his shop and talk Z's for sometime. I loved going up there to get them. The area is something special to see. He is a person you can trust.