Little red button says push - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Little red button says push

Featured Replies

What the hell is the red button on the pass side of the engine compartment that says PUSH? I push it every once and awhile but dont know what it does ROFLROFL

The mistery has been solved.......I kept finding an extra $100.00 every once in a while in my checking account!!? Apparently, every time you push the RED button, it transfers $100.00 from your account to mine........keep it up mars23z!!!ROFLROFLROFL

Is that like an "Easy Button"? I need one of those! What's the part number?:laugh:

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
The mistery has been solved.......I kept finding an extra $100.00 every once in a while in my checking account!!? Apparently, every time you push the RED button, it transfers $100.00 from your account to mine........keep it up mars23z!!!ROFLROFLROFL

DUH!!!??? WHAT?

I have the same button and was wondering this as well. It looks like a reset switch. Almost like the kind that would be pushed in if you blew a circuit on a bathroom outlet.

SuDZ

I believe it is part of the 260Z interlock system. Look in the FSM.

I remember that stupid regulation... cars sold in the U.S. during the first half of 1974 (including my Dad's AMC Matador) were REQUIRED to have an interlock to prevent the car from starting until the seat belts were fastened. It was really ugly because the regulations required that the car had to detect, and prevent people from just leaving the seat belts engaged all the time.

The systems HAD to require a sequence to start the car:

1. Sit in the seat.

2. Fasten the belts.

3. Start the car.

Any deviation from that pattern, and the car would not start.

It only lasted 6 months because 1974 was an election year, and in those days 90% of Americans refused to wear seat belts. Now we are so wimpy that we actually ALLOW the state governments to FINE people who refuse to wear their seat belts. (Instead of just issuing them Darwin awards after they crash like we should...)

Yet another sign that the end is near...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.