IGNORED

Cars crushed in street racing crackdown

sblake01

Disregard my last post. I couldn't delete/edit it because of a five min deal. I was replying to Ztrains earlier post. Is that Ztrain as in CraZy train? (One of my fav Ozzy albums)

You're right Mike.

Only the court transcripts could give a clear idea of justice. We don't have 'em so why are we debating. I think we are all on the same page regarding freedoms and property and the need to retain them. Like the framers of the Constitution there are a few "minor" diffs of opinion. We all want the same thing though... To keep our Z's when we blow the little Honda childrens doors off.

Why has no one any sympathy for those from whom the parts were stolen? How would you like to file a police report for some items being stolen only to watch them being crushed just because they can? What happened to returning stolen items back to their owners?

Winger-just how in the hell can you construe outrage at total bull$hit by the cops to us having no sympathy for a theft victim?The cops are tossing in this weak theft arguement to bolster their lame arse response to the street racing.In laymans terms: they're using the theft arguement in an attempt to negate the un-constitutionality of the crushing.:tapemouth

And how about the cops having sympathy for the "theft victim",after all,they(the cops) crushed their property instead of giving it back to them:stupid:

What should happen to this guy??

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9805626c-0ce6-46dd-8f55-993300f2d6a9.htm

Yeah, he's having fun and making a great video but what about the mom and kids in the Volvo.

If Clint Eastwood was chief it would be worse but this seems fair...

First time =Hefty tickets lots O points

2nd Susp lic & possible jail

3rd offense Items 1&2 and then some PLUS Crushing Beemer seems fair to me.

2c

Do you agree?

If street was empty and there was no property to damage (barracades, people, etc) then the guy would be kind of OK to do this.

First and formost,street racing is bad obviously, but has been going on for years..no?(even back in the muscle car days I'm sure it has you cant say it hasn't in some shape or form after high school) Now that its more popular than ever; hmm maybe because of the media partially. Everyone up here acts as though its a new thing.

I've heard stories on THIS forum about how members have driven recklessly in there youth traveling around over 100mph on public roads ..no? (feel free to correct me because thats what we have the search button for) and have felt bad afterwards in the present.

Fun in My Z: I have a question and don't shun me too badly because of my age. I understand the parts were stolen and the boys were undeniably wrong for their stupid actions, but put a Z in the hands of a male my or their age with a beefed up engine and what am I gonna want to do in it every once in a while? Show off on public streets.

When the members talk about how they blow the doors off stupid ricers. where will this take place, hmmm maybe the streets is what you all are referring to. Is that not an example of irresponsible actions? Maybe your Z should be crushed.(two wrongs dont make a right) Should Corvettes, M3s, lambos, porsches and G35s be ripped from the streets and markets because of one stupid rich kid or adult acting immature and recking and or killing someone? from YOU all's stand point yes; has it happened NO. Why not? The law does not have the power to and neither should it in this instance it's just plan wrong. The cars could've at least been auctioned off like drug dealer's cars.

There is plenty of this stuff on youtube some even including Z's yet some people on this forum find it fascinating, but when its a riced out civic oh then its just the wrongest action that could ever be performed in man kind.

It doesn't matter what kind of car it is if you are street racing then yes your car should atleast be taken away. If you are racing an kill somebody you should get the death penalty.

But again what is the difference between crushing and confiscating? Th e shouldnt be allowed to have it back anyway.

Who said let them have it back? I just dont see the difference between selling a drug dealers car and a street racers car ..in both cases the cash would be used for a better good. Why not sell the cars and take out the stolen parts and return them?

Who said let them have it back? I just dont see the difference between selling a drug dealers car and a street racers car ..in both cases the cash would be used for a better good. Why not sell the cars and take out the stolen parts and return them?

Now that i agree with :)

:stupid:What good would returning them be once the PO has replaced them to regain functionality. I guess the property could be sold and the proceeds used to compensate the PO/victim and/or insurance company.

They don't have to crush cars but the psychological effect is greater than simply taking them away. This sort of action should only be used in cases where it would "benefeit" the offender in this way.

The more you lay hands on a car the more you love it. Taking something you love out of existence rather than letting your "dream" live on in someone else's hands has effect.

Lastly, look at what state it's in. California has a way of passing laws which are simply whacky. I've heard in Oregon you can't fill your own car at the pump. West coasters:stupid: (No offense to you poor souls on the WC)

Years ago they tried to pass laws that forbid a car owner to work on his own vehicle. It would effectively shut down parts stores and force you to take your car to a shop. They were trying to do away with pollution etc..:stupid:

I'm sure that eventually each state will adopt sticter methods for dealing with such crimes if the problem worsens. This type of justice will prob stay in Cali tho.

It doesn't matter what kind of car it is if you are street racing then yes your car should atleast be taken away. If you are racing an kill somebody you should get the death penalty.

But again what is the difference between crushing and confiscating? Th e shouldnt be allowed to have it back anyway.

Fun in my Z-please come back and join the conversation when you know how the laws/constitution work.You observation is more at home in Germany circa 1936 or China today.

Jimm-New Jersey also has no self-serve stations.

Z train

I think I know why this topic bums you. You live in AZ which is an AWESOME place to drive. Wide open spaces are a great place to open up and see how fast it goes. You might be viewing this in the context of your situation and not where it's occuring.

If you want to get pissed off about wrongful property seizure...

http://boortz.com/nuze/alabaster.html

Great stuff... great radio show.

Would you rather they suspend their license for life?

:stupid:What good would returning them be once the PO has replaced them to regain functionality. I guess the property could be sold and the proceeds used to compensate the PO/victim and/or insurance company.

Exactly, because it was at the PO loss in the first place he had to replace it himself or the insurence company; either way it was at his loss. I'm sure the insurence company doesnt refund labor charges for installing said engine, either way the PO would get some sort of compensation which is not a bad thing is it? NO.

And if you still feel it doesnt matter if the person got the part back would you mind everyone just running around stealing radios and various parts from your and other cars never to get them back even if they were found?

If it were located I'm sure you would want them back and probably sell it if you replaced it. Almost like getting into an car accident hurting a body part getting it taken care of through insurence, but not sueing, although I'm sure many would sue for more money if they were seriously hurt...no? Even if things were fixed; so it DOES matter.