IGNORED

Hands up who's in Perth (or Australia...)

halz

hi craig

id like to do a full resoration myself, how did you strip the paint off the underside? and what did you rest the car on when you had removed all the suspension and the likes?

ive seen one black 240Z in a mag and it looked good

i plan on going to the next meeting but they might not let me in the pub?

Hi Daniel

I met the guy who is restoring my car through a mutual friend, he get's all his resto jobs through word of mouth and I have seen some of his work, he is currently working on one of his cars (an early Riley) at weekends, he is currently replacing all of the cars wooden frame which to my eyes would require a fair bit of skill!

My car is being restored to a budget so will not be concours condition, nor did I intend it to be as I would be reluctant to drive it on a regular basis, I just wanted a good usable classic that I could drive as much as possible.

I have taken many photos of the car during the restoration as has the guy who is doing the work which I will load on to this site when the car is finished.

Lee

Daniel

Sorry forgot to answer your question about the dash, it's condition could only be described as grim, it had major cracks all across the top and a previous owner had covered the top with glue in order to stick a dash mat to it, altogether a pretty ugly site, there was no way I could restore the car and leave the dash in that condition.

It has been sent to Dashboard restorations in Queensland, they have completed several resto jobs for our friends in the US, all reports seem to suggest that they do an excellent job.

I was a bit reluctant to send it away as I was a little paranoid about it getting lost but I could not find a W.A based company that could do it.

Lee

Hi guys,

for all the Perth people... there IS a guy in Perth that does dash restorations. I have used his service to do my dash in the 240Z and it is a top finish - even all the gauges fit in with no probs :)

Daniel, yes your dash that is cracked all the way through CAN be fixed as this was the condition of the dash that I had fixed.

I went through Trim Care in Welshpool since they did the rest of my interior. They can put you onto him.

Its not expensive, from memory its AUD$160 or AUD$250

Cuong

Hi Cuong

Could you tell me if you had the entire skin of your dash replaced or did they do a cap job only. Do you know what process they used in the resto job?

If it was a full restoration I'll look to have mine done here, it would save me $300.00 in freight if nothing else

The problem is my dash is at the logistics company and is due to start it's travel to Brisbane tomorrow, think I'll give them a call and get them to take it off the truck pending the possibility of getting it done in Perth.

Lee

Lee