IGNORED

What’s the main differences between the 2 and 4 door 240K

Noddle

Yeah the 240K GT came in both 2 and 4 doors. Though they were badged as GL's in Australia (except for the first lot of Coupes in '73).

Yep, Center console is different, now that you mention it, but both mine have a lid on the storage compartment.

• 2 years later...

Guest Flauski

I have been in the same situation and at the same time owned a 74 hardtop and a 77 sedan.

Some differences are due to facelift model not necessarily difference between hardtop and sedan.

Differences I noticed:

as already described; different dash vents (round/rectangular) rear garnish chrome, different glass, different seats.

Other internal differences:

77 sedan had air conditioning so had "cooler" option on heater controls to left of "cool" option. Sedan had cloth seats, hardtop - full vinyl.

77 sedan had a 5 speed so 5 speed wooden gear knob.

Slightly different horn button designs, hardtop "D" is encased in a clear resin, sedan is not and looks cheaper.

Different seatbelts, the sedan clips mounted to sides of seat not to the floor behind the seats as in hard top.

Gauge cluster in hardtop has a single round red light at bottom of tacho - "brake" for handbrake being on. Sedan has a rectangular "brake" and "park brake" lenses in bottom right corner of fake wood section.

Speed switch is connected to rear of gauge cluster to control BCDD- boost controlled deceration device (anti pollution crap.)

Under bonnet/exterior:

The 77 had EGR and BCDD (Nissan anti polution crap) and an automatic choke (so no choke like in the hard top.

The centre DATSUN badges differ on the rear tail light panel, the earlier model badge is a lot simplier and they are not interchangible.

Someone also told me that there is a difference in front calipers, earlier ones are Sumitomo and slightly better than later model ones. I cannot confirm this though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...