IGNORED

What’s the main differences between the 2 and 4 door 240K

Noddle

So what’s the main differences?

I know that the seats have the "Quick release", and the doors are different, but what about the boot lid, back window ?

I'm just wondering how much gear could be taken from a 4 door and put onto a 2 door after seeing the "save them before crushing" thread.

http://classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26059

Nigel

Main difference I guess is the number of doors :nervous:

What's this "quick release" you speak of?

Boot lid is different, as well as all the chrome trim around it. So is the back window. Actually so is the front window apparently.

The rear bumper is the same.

Rear beaver panel is different, and not interchangable.

Tail lights are the same, except Hardtop has the chrome rings.

And FYI, the wheelbase is the same. Not sure if the rear seats are interchangable?

What's this "quick release" you speak of?

Its the little leaver on the side of the seat (upright part), that flips the seat forward, and moves the seat forward (on the track runner), it's to let the back seat passenager in and out.

well it was on the seats I brought many years ago from a smashed 2 door for my XK falcon I had at the time.

Basically there is nothing interchangeable from the base of the windscreen or the top of body of the doors (say where the windows reside when down) ..up! The coupe windscreen lays back further and is about 4 inches shorter, rear glass.. no way

P.s. Windscreen might be 2 inches shorter....I f'get now:nervous:

upon superficial glance it appears the entire front clip is the same. i'd bet, too, that door handles and all running gear under the car are exactly the same. i'd say even the firewall is the same.

i'm not too familiar with these cars yet, so i'm only guessing. are the interiors the same, ie, the dash? seats? steering wheels? belts? dome lights?

things un-swappable would be doors, glass, rear 1/4. if wheelbase is the same, perhaps the diff and driveshaft are identical. as well as all suspension.

i'm only assuming.

well, one is a 74 and the sedan is a 77, so there are styling differences. For example the dashboard is different with regards to the air vents, glovebox, crashpad, but it looks like the gauge panel will interchange. but don't take my word for it - mounting screw holes etc might have changed over the years. Steering wheel is the same for Aussie cars (JDM and europe, the steering wheels changed).

The diff is the same, probably the whole rear suspension is the same, but might not be. (240z and 260z 2+2 have slightly different suspension making a direct swap not possible, unless you start replacing parts, so K might be the same).

And the weighs less than the 2 door.

I had allway thought that a GT was a 2 doors, but looking through this site http://blog.goo.ne.jp/midget_tmk/m/200604, I came across a "Datsun 240K GT" 4 door. Is this something that has been made up, or JDM ?

also for me I have 2, 240K, one for parts, a 73 4 door, and my daily driver is a 77 4 door, Mr Camouflage mentioned about the dash air vents been different, which is correct, the console is a little different to, I know that my 73 one has a rubber type top on the lid of the console, I know the wind shield washer bottle is in a different place, the 73 one has it on the left hand side towards the front of the car, my 77 one has it infront of the right hand shock tower, but I not sure if some has moved it before I brought the car,

post-12467-14150800536705_thumb.jpg