IGNORED

After replacing all front bushings . .

Did they adjust (loosen) the tension compression rod on the right side to allow it to fit the control arm when they installed the bushing backwards? Check the "free" length of the left side rod versus the right side - they should be the same...

Just a thought...

GWGarrard

no, still waiting to do thje rear, and then i'll have the car aligned. Could that be the culprit?

yes. the amount of "play", or basically how much they tightened the TC rod after installing the bushings, will determine the position and geometry of the wheel

looknig at the back of the TC rod (ie where it bolts to the fram and has the nut fastening it) it has the same amount of threads showing as the driver side does. I haven't checked the connection to the LCA, seeing as if they would have messed that up, I'd never take anything to them again!

(I'm kind of thiknig these guys are very knowledgeable. I'm not going back)

As for the tires and rims, they are the stock rims that came on the 73 240z, and are 195/60 or 195/50 15 i believe. What's odd, is the driver side has NO problems AT ALL, but the pass side is much closer to the front fender. The car has NEVER been in an accident, and BOB C can back me up on this ( Bob C has actually seen the car in person). Also, the car NEVER did this before the bushing replacement.

abot the LCA, the longer part should face back the back (check the pic.), the workshop screwed it up once putting one facing the rear and other the front, but now job is done..

the clearance between the fender's front/rear differnces can be checked using a measurement tape:

get a helper, measure the length between the center of left front/back wheels, compare it with the right front/back wheels, they should be the same or with + or - few mellimeters.. if they are not the same, and considering that you are sure that your car never had an accident (even pavement issues) measure the length of your TC rods (measuring points are the bolts on the LCA's to the first washer of yor TCrods bushings.. if also they have the same lenght, try to check the length of the sleeve inside those bushings, this can affect the distance of wheels.. another easy check is those bushings weather if they were worn (I should state it in the first place anyway)

then if all seems to be correct, man the car had an accident and you have to live with that matterLOL

if all above is ok.. try to find out weather the point where the TC rods are supported to the chassis are in the same position, because if they were hit, they can push forth or back the chole TC rod..

I hope that you don't have the possibility of the "accident" and just end up replacing the sleeve or bushings only..

good luck..

post-8997-14150800503054_thumb.jpg

here's the odd thing, the car NEVER did this with the OLDER bushings. I rep[laced them with MSA's poly bushings. That when this happened. Now, what do you mean by SLEEVE? Are you talking about the washer that goes in front of the bushings? I'm going to lift her up tomorrow and figure this out because this is driving me CRAZY!!

the sleves are the metal things that go inside the polyurethane bushings that the tension rod goes through. so basically, when you bolt up the TC rods, there will be metal touching the metal of the TC rod, and the bushings will be surrounding the bushings