IGNORED

Tax Return = Engine Rebuild

Pir0San

Thanks for the advice. I'll see what my measurements are, and compare them to those found in my haynes manual and my "How to Rebuild..." book. I hope that we're in good shape. Now I'm getting eager to work on it.

As for the pistons: if I understand you right, it's okay to swap pistons, as long as I swap all six at the same time. So if the piston from the original block is bad, then swap all six and I'll be in good shape?

Nope, you can use a single piston from a different engine. But before you use it, it must be measured, weighed, and balanced along with the other pistons. So that all 6 pistons are the same weight and have the same dimentions.

Nope, you can use a single piston from a different engine. But before you use it, it must be measured, weighed, and balanced along with the other pistons. So that all 6 pistons are the same weight and have the same dimentions.

Ah, okay! I get it. If I use all six pistons I'm in good shape because they are balanced as a set, but if I mix and match, I have to get them all balanced. Sounds good!

I'm working overtime these past few weeks so that I can spend more on the engine rebuild. I'm hoping for a hefty paycheck!