IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

On 7/29/2023 at 6:00 AM, kats said:

This week I met two very important people for us. Mr.Miyazaki, a former member of vehicle test group for Europe and also did aero dynamics analysis for S30.

And Mr. Uemura, a former member of Kaku - U team (test drive in US & Canada) and also he designed general layout of S30 chassis and suspension components.

The picture is Mr. Miyazaki, he told me a lot of new things which we have never heard of before. 

One of them is, each our S30 can be tracked down by chassis number to see when it was made. Not only that, it can be tracked down by chassis number to see it was made in daylight time zone or midnight time zone. 

This story is like this, Mr.Miyazaki said to me,

“ one day I visited Nissan Shatai around 2:00 a.m. midnight to see how workers were doing at the assembly line. Nissan got complaints from customers about insufficient looking of rear deck vinyl trim. 
It was not only a single complaint, one after another.

AND ALL OF THEM WERE CARS MADE AT MIDNIGHT.

I was surprised, a quite young girl was working and crawling and sitting in a rear deck to sticking the vinyl trims. She was an only worker who did the job at the assembly line. I felt sorry for her, I couldn’t say harsh words to her”.

Then I asked Mr.Miyazaki how did you know it was happened at midnight, Mr.Miyazaki said

“Nissan Shatai has the data, each car can be tracked down by the chassis number. In this case, interior trim section had three or four time zone, each time zone they recorded chassis number they worked”

Can we see when our cars were served at the assembly line? Mr.Miyazaki said “they might still have the record, I think”

I hope it too!

Kats

Great news they kept those records @kats Would be great to see the manufacturing process notes detailing how the 240Z was built and how long it took for each step. Hopefully they can give you access to the records and document the build for a 240Z. Always interesting to see the original overspray on parts of the car and work out how they put it together in sequence. I wonder if they kept any original photos with the build records.

Factory build.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/30/2023 at 6:18 PM, JDMjunkies.ch said:

That's really cool. It's maybe a bit off-topc. but i got a few original Datsun UK Colour sample booklets, from various years, and the colour combinations (interieur / exterieur) that were sold in the UK.
20230111_174649-Kopie.jpg?ssl=1

If you're interested, you can find them all here (for later cars i even have interieur fabric samples) as photos, but also high-resolution Pdf scans.
https://www.jdmjunkies.ch/wordpress/2023-01-11/240z-various-datsun-z-zx-color-charts-brochures/

And some different versions (including 240Z) can be found here:
https://www.jdmjunkies.ch/wordpress/2021-05-30/240z-datsun-colour-code-brochure/

Thanks for the link, I am impressed by your wonderful collection of goodies, they are rare, I have never seen them before.

And about the attitude of Nissan, not to disclose details about our car. Yes actually I was talking about it with Mr.Miyazaki. Mr.Miyazaki agreed with me, I told him how much we want to know about our car’s birthday and what ship loaded our car to the port.

I am still dreaming about to find the record of our car’s history in Japan.

Kats

• Like 2

On 7/31/2023 at 12:56 AM, SpeedRoo said:

Great news they kept those records @kats Would be great to see the manufacturing process notes detailing how the 240Z was built and how long it took for each step. Hopefully they can give you access to the records and document the build for a 240Z. Always interesting to see the original overspray on parts of the car and work out how they put it together in sequence. I wonder if they kept any original photos with the build records.

Factory build.jpg

Hi SpeedRoo, thanks too! 
This picture is my favorite, and fascinating! Thanks Chris (26th-Z) for sharing it with us that was more than a decade ago.

Let’s hope we will find more interesting stories and pictures.

Kats

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kats said:

Hi SpeedRoo, thanks too! 
This picture is my favorite, and fascinating! Thanks Chris (26th-Z) for sharing it with us that was more than a decade ago.

Let’s hope we will find more interesting stories and pictures.

Kats

If anyone can track down the details it will be you Kats! I love the period photos of the 240Z construction, an insight into a different time in a different place.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• 2 months later...

On the topic of the oil cooler, I see 1 on YAJ! at the moment.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f1110675683

Saving the photos here so when the auction ends they will be visible in future.

Z432R genuine oil cooler This is an optional genuine oil cooler for Z432. There are dirt and scratches. There are crushed fins, etc. I was using it. There are no leaks.
The 4-door GTR works racing car also used this, right?
Z432R Z432 owners and 4-door GTR owners, what do you think?
Treated as junk as it is a used item. NCNR.

Do you know if anyone reproduces these coolers? They are cool, but not sure about using an old expired part like this - especially contaminated with old oil.

i-img900x1200-1697768760bbfg2u1374647.jpg

i-img900x1200-1697768760dtzuhe1374647.jpg

i-img900x1200-1697768760eiudzv1374647.jpg

i-img900x1200-1697768760uid1en1374647.jpg

i-img900x1200-1697768760w67zof1374647.jpg

i-img900x1200-1697768760x9lhlm1374647.jpg

• Like 1