Early vinyl "pig tail cover" - Page 2 - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Early vinyl "pig tail cover"

Featured Replies

Bryan,

I received the leather version of the shift boot today-----very nice indeed!

And extremely well packaged I might add!!

I'm interested in the e-brake cover and pig tail cover---especially since I'm already 1/3 of the way there! :classic:

Just let me know how it goes.

Jim D.

"Zup" :bunny:

The reproduction "pigtail" wire cover & emergency brake boot is done. I need to know for sure how many are needed to get more material & snaps etc. They are both done in the same material as the shift boot with black snaps. I decided to leave the white backing material on the wire cover to more closely match the original in material thickness. I believe both are of the same quality as the shift boot. If ordered individually, the price on the pigtail wire cover is $20, emergency brake boot is $25 & shift boot $45. A package with all 3 pieces is $80. A package with the wire cover & brake boot is $40. For those of you who have already purchased the shift boot, the wire cover & brake boot package is $35. I hope I've done these photos correctly. A lot of you have expressed an interest so just PM me to confirm your order. I really appreciate all who have supported this project!!

Wonder if it would be O.K. to put this same post in the interiors section under a new title?

Zboots1.jpg

EmerbrakebootPigtail.jpg

Thanks

Bryan

  • Author

Bryan, those look AWESOME! I've already got the shift boot and my order for the other two items is on the way!

-Mike

Wow! Those look great Bryan. If I needed these I'd definitely be grabbing a set from you.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Possibly. But there weren't all that many of them anyway. It appears to me they were only used on the Series 1 240Z with the long pigtail fusebox. Through 12/70 production, or thereabouts.

  • 7 years later...

Reigniting a 7+ year old topic:

Does anyone have a source for these?

Thanks,

Keith

Hey Zed,  I can still put one of these together for you.  Just let me know.

 

Bryan

Bryan,

Is there a phone number I can call you at?

Keith

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.