IGNORED

Hello all you Z people

i own a 1983 280zx turbo that im gonna be working on.

just figured id drop in and say hi to everyone and show what i got right now....

i didnt see anything in the sign up about a 83 280zx so i said who cares, its a z-car site, people will still love it since its a z-car...LOL

but here she is..... her name is Evelyn and she is all orginal and stock....

IM000205.jpg

btw.... does anyone know what kind of board nissan used when making the interior door panels, cause im looking to custommake some for mine.

Hello........

Thank you guys for the info and complements..... as for right now all i plan on doing is replacing the radio and cleaning up the motor... ( make it all nice a shiney again ), eventually when the money comes in i will be re-doing all the interior, i will be keeping it all original style just a different color..... thinking of black all the way..... as for the motor and exhaust, i think im just gonna replace the muffler with a mid tone one, dont know what brand or style but i know i want to make it seem like its a junker when its just a kickass sleeper.

basically i just want to do a few minor things with the interior and a complete clean up.

and the name was my grandma's name, she looked weak and she was old....LOL... but get her wound up and she would knock ya to the ground, i know she did it to me a few times....LOL

Welcome synthetic, I hope you enjoy the web site and can find a pearl or two in the archives and search function that pertains to your new toy . It seems the majority of the members are driving the early Zs on this site . Certainly not all . For sure as time goes on as the 240s diminish , more and more of the later Zs like yours and the 280Z will be the majority . I am only saying this to answer your question and certainly not to dissuade you from joining us . again welcome . Gary

Hey all Zs are welcome of course. We each have our preference but in the end, they're all related and worth saving. Personally, I'm glad people are extending the lives of the 280ZXs. It just means there will be more in the junkyard in 10 years when I need to upgrade or replace parts again on my 240Z. LOL

Thanks for the engine, ditsributor, trans, brakes, diff, and master cylinder... ;)

It just means there will be more in the junkyard in 10 years when I need to upgrade or replace parts again on my 240Z. LOL

Thanks for the engine, ditsributor, trans, brakes, diff, and master cylinder... ;)

hahaha

LOL...... i doubt youll ever see mine there unless i total it out..... which then ill just rebuild on it from the 280z across the street.... which i have to say is for sale for 250 buks..... and ive been checking around and cant find some parts that i need so i might as well ask here........ do any of you know any reputable online stores that would carry the rear end cv axles.... i can only find for 280z but im not sure if they work for the 280zx.....oh yeah, im getting ready to start sanding the body.. then im gonna primer with flat black and then a top coat of a nice satin black....thanks everyone for the welcoming and i hope to learn lots from you guys.

oh yeah, here is a engine shot just to tease you non-turbo guys....LOL

IM000210.jpg