IGNORED

Spring & Strut Packages

lonetreesteve

the only thing i found out for sure is that i don't have deep enough pockets to do everything i want to do to the car. LOL.

the engine is sitting ready after being boiled and rebuilt. we have gone thru the the suspension, with new bushings, struts, and springs. gas tank was dropped, cleaned out, and repainted. new low pressure fuel pump,door handles, and other minor things are ordered. have new toyota 4 piston callipers with the vented rotors for the front, and converted the rear drum brakes to the 280zx callipers and rotors, with stainless steel brake lines all around.

so we should have the car back together and running next week, then i will have to save my money for new paint and interior work.

still trying to decide what to do on the wheels and tires.

• 4 weeks later...

finally recieved the correct rear struts and springs for my car yesterday. after going thru all of the hassle with the EBay seller. this sweet deal turned sour when i was promised that the new replacement parts would ship as soon as they recieved notice that the other parts had been picked up by the shipper. i called on Friday before Easter to find that my parts were not going out untill Monday. then it turns out,the wrong address or zip code was used so after four days of touring the west side of the US,they had to send them out a second time. the free shipping on the original deal was out the window on the return of incorrect parts and new parts. that cost me $40,and i didn't argue the point that they were the ones that told me that the original 251 kit would fit my car. at the time,i just wanted something that would work. if you drive a 260Z, take close measurements of your strut towers before ordering. my strut towers measured close to 2",which called for the 253 kit. the smaller diameter tower on the front measured 1 3/4" which would use the 251 kit offered. we may get the car off of jack stands today after sitting for close to three weeks waiting on parts. if i had known to check the diameter of the towers before ordering, i could have avoided all of this. the part numbers on the springs and struts were different than the first ones i recieved, but i didn't take time to write those down for you when i dropped them off yesterday, but i will try and get that for everyone later if you care to have it. the sad thing on all of this is that the EBay seller still doesn't understand that he screwed up all along saying that this kit would fit my z.