IGNORED

Spring & Strut Packages

lonetreesteve

As many of you know, MSA is offering different spring & strut packages, like 4 Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs with 4 Tokico HP struts at a special "package" price.

Well, I recently purchased 4 Tokico HP struts for the '71 from an Ebay Power Seller located in Nevada called "motorsportsdirect" for only $206.00 with free shipping. I also purchased separately a set of 4 new Eibach Pro-Kit springs from MSA on one of their "Weekend Specials" for about $185.00 with shipping, brining the total to approximatley $391.00 -a great deal.

I saw this package tonight listed on Ebay by motorsportdirect for 4 Tokico HP struts and 4 Tokico lowering springs for only $322.00 for the entire package with free shipping in the lower 48 states -sounds like even a beter deal. How do these Tokico springs compare to the Eibachs? Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKICO-HP-SHOCKS-Struts-SPRINGS-70-74-240z-260z_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33590QQihZ014QQitemZ330093552307QQrdZ1

I was thinking about the all-Tokico combo currently listed on Ebay for the '72 to save some money. The '71 already has the Eibach Pro-Kit springs/Tokico HP struts. Sounds like Ken really likes his set up, but I have no idea how it compares to the Eibach/Tokico combo. I have to tell you, I really like the way the '71 rides and handles with the new Eibachs & Tokicos. Perhaps there's a member(s) who's had both set ups or who happens to have two 240Zs with the two different set ups that could let us know which one they like best.

I saw this package tonight listed on Ebay by motorsportdirect for 4 Tokico HP struts and 4 Tokico lowering springs for only $322.00 for the entire package with free shipping in the lower 48 states -sounds like even a beter deal. How do these Tokico springs compare to the Eibachs? Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKICO-HP-SHOCKS-Struts-SPRINGS-70-74-240z-260z_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33590QQihZ014QQitemZ330093552307QQrdZ1

i just ordered this set for my 74 260 2 + 2, to go along with my poly bushing kit that i ordered from Black Dragon. sure hope that it all works great, we will see.

Sleepyzzz,

Once you get everything installed, please let us know how you like the set up.

i will be glad to let all know how it turns out, but right now, there is no engine in the car. it may be a few months before i even have it running.

still debating on what to do with my brakes front and rear. this car has sat for the last twenty years without being cranked. everything needs going over and re done. at least the suspension is almost behind me.

I believe that Motorsportdirect is in fact MSA in Orange, CA. They are just selling on ebay for more exposure. When they start calling their items "rare", I will really get pissed. "Rare" in ebay speak equals double what its worth.

From what info I have that I got from Blue's tech tip's He has Tokico springs

at 185lbs/in front and 200lbs/in rear the rears I have read are a progressive rate

Eibach: 183lbs/in front and 154/212lbs/in "Progressive rate"

If this info is right it maybe hard to tell any differance in the ride

I just put what I think are a set of Quickor springs in my 280 along with Tokico HP Blues So far the only draw back has been I have only done the front end but what a nght and day feel

If anyone has any info on Quickor suspension please get back with me. The springs are painted blue with a red and yellow paint marks on each of the coils..

• 3 weeks later...
I believe that Motorsportdirect is in fact MSA in Orange, CA. They are just selling on ebay for more exposure. When they start calling their items "rare", I will really get pissed. "Rare" in ebay speak equals double what its worth.

after trying to install my set that i bought off of EBay, and finding that the rear struts were the wrong size, i called MSA since the seller from EBay wouldn't answer my calls, and was told that they are not affiliated with them at all, and even said that they never heard of that company. they did however state that was an incredible price, but i allowed that price wasn't that important at this time as it wouldn't work on my car.

also, the man i had installing these, had never done lowering springs before. he didn't understand how the springs were not even reaching the top of the strut tower like the old ones did. i had no experience with it, as this was my first set, ad couldn't convince him that putting the car on the ground, would compress everything in place and it would stay that way even jacking the car back up. does that sound right?

i sent an email to the seller of the strut package, and probably won't know anything until Monday if i am lucky. not sure if he will want the entire package returned or just the rear struts.

we also ran into another problem with my polyurethane bushing kit that i bought from Black Dragon. that will have to wait untl Monday also. to be so close to having this back up and running and run into problems is very frustrating at the least.