IGNORED

TERRIBLE NEWS! ... Nis-san Dream Car Ga-rage Crushed?

Mat Big Hat

as most of you know, following ghosn's mandate, nis-san u-sa moved it's head-quarters from so-cal to ten-nessee last year

well, the thought never occurred to me until now, but i asked one of my contacts what was going to happen to the famed "dream car ga-rage"

the "dream car ga-rage" was nis-san usa's museum collection of low mileage datsuns and nis-sans as well as historic race cars based in a warehouse near it's gar-dena, california headquarters

click on pic for more info from datsun.org:

dgt.jpg

well, my question came too late

because in it's hurry to meet re-nault's deadline to pack up all their stuff for the move, somebody on top ordered all the collection to be crushed

THAT'S RIGHT ... CRUSHED!!!

by hook or crook, some of the cars were saved, for example, the b-re 5-10 #46 was shipped to nis-mo in japan

a more respected member of this forum should of course, attempt to confirm this

"because in it's hurry to meet re-nault's deadline to pack up all their stuff for the move, somebody on top ordered all the collection to be crushed

THAT'S RIGHT ... CRUSHED!!!"

Mat,

I am not sure where you got your information but you are not correct in you assumptions. Most of the Nissan Heritage Collection, about 36 including the #46 BRE 510, have a new temporary home at the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville. If you go to their website you will see that many are now on display for the the public to view. They rotate the vehicles for display and by they way they have never looked better. While they were housed in the warehouse in Gardena they were keep out of public view and were just collecting dust.

To the point about some being sold off to employees that is correct. They did sell only a handful to employees and two Nissan dealers picked up some 240Z's. There are some Heritage Vehicles still on loan to the Peterson Museum as well.

I hope eveyone has a chance to come the Nashville as see the collection some day in the near future.

Zulaytr

Bob

Actually the cars Nissan did not keep were sold to employees, and friends of employees. They were not crushed.

Of the four 240-Z's that were in the warehouse, that Nissan did not want to keep - 1 is at Universal Nissan, 2 are owned by a friend of mine, and 1 is now owned by another member of this forum.

BTW - Nissan didn't own all the cars pictured in that Poster...

FWIW,

Carl B.

Good resolution to a disturbing post -- would find it hard to believe Nissan USA would just crush cars of historic significance, let alone throw away the potential to make several thousand dollars, no matter what kind of hurry they were in to move operations.

"because in it's hurry to meet re-nault's deadline to pack up all their stuff for the move, somebody on top ordered all the collection to be crushed

THAT'S RIGHT ... CRUSHED!!!"

Mat,

I am not sure where you got your information but you are not correct in you assumptions. Most of the Nissan Heritage Collection, about 36 including the #46 BRE 510, have a new temporary home at the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville. If you go to their website you will see that many are now on display for the the public to view. They rotate the vehicles for display and by they way they have never looked better. While they were housed in the warehouse in Gardena they were keep out of public view and were just collecting dust.

To the point about some being sold off to employees that is correct. They did sell only a handful to employees and two Nissan dealers picked up some 240Z's. There are some Heritage Vehicles still on loan to the Peterson Museum as well.

I hope eveyone has a chance to come the Nashville as see the collection some day in the near future.

Zulaytr

Bob

Hmmm..... I will have to plan on going there sometime this month and check it out!

Me? or the original poster?

My source, I know people that own them

Stickerman, I was referring to the original poster in the thread. Rumors most often do not translate into facts....if he 'heard' this, that's much different than having 'read' it or 'learned' it. And saying that it's true does not make it true, unless of course he can cite a source.

Most of us have seen the information that Nissan put out indicating that some of their collection cars were for sale, and others of us know people who have purchased these special cars from Nissan. That's why I wanted to know where he came across this information (and since he did not cite a source, that pretty much tells us everything that we need to know about how valid his information is).