IGNORED

Let's see some wheels!

veritech-z

Too late to edit - went to the shed and took two finished shots.
They look more like Vectors to me :)

A.K.A. General Lee Rims :classic:

Appliance called them TurboVecs, and -- as the name suggested -- they were a cross between the Western Turbine and the American Racing Vector. They did not originally come with the insets painted, just a natural cast finish. The ones pictured are early ones, in the early '80s they retooled for a very large, special lug nut system (called Roto-Lugs).

post-9729-14150801040286_thumb.jpg Arne - I wondered about that and asked the original owner. He says the fins were always black, I painted the inner portion mostly because I damaged the finish when brush cleaning. Thanks for the info.

Just got the lugs (Masseys) and centers (motorsport) in the mail today. Tomorrow they go on - I'll post a picture.

I dug up some of the original lugs - they have floating washers swedged on somehow (attached), unfortunately only 14, so I was forced to buy new ones. The new ones have a washer/shank sleeve that fits the lug.

Bartman - hot looking wheels and tires, looks tight - carefull on the bumps :)

Mine are the sloted mags, I had them machined finished with the slots painted to match the rear tail light trim.

BTW how do you load a picture from your computer onto the post so it doesn't show up as a thumbnail but a full picture?

post-1052-1415080104234_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]19307[/ATTACH] Arne - I wondered about that and asked the original owner. He says the fins were always black, I painted the inner portion mostly because I damaged the finish when brush cleaning. Thanks for the info.

Just got the lugs (Masseys) and centers (motorsport) in the mail today. Tomorrow they go on - I'll post a picture.

I dug up some of the original lugs - they have floating washers swedged on somehow (attached), unfortunately only 14, so I was forced to buy new ones. The new ones have a washer/shank sleeve that fits the lug.

Bartman - hot looking wheels and tires, looks tight - carefull on the bumps :)

OK, I thought yours were early, but they are not, those are original Rotolugs. Massey sold you Rotolug conversions, which I think are a better option than the originals, actually.

BTW how do you load a picture from your computer onto the post so it doesn't show up as a thumbnail but a full picture?
The picture has to be stored on a webserver some where else and then you can insert a link to it. You can't just upload it into the site that way.

• 2 weeks later...