IGNORED

Skyline like yours in Redondo Beach

Mat Big Hat

an email i got from a socal dat buddy:

Dude. I was driving home at about 8 pm when I saw this curious and cool tail lights ahead of me. I was driving my Suzuki. The tailights looked awesome ( got to get a set for my future 140Z) so I tried to get close. Heavy traffic on a two lane street. I got side by side..it was a LHD Skyline like yours, silver in color with overfender flares (black) and wide tires, like the skylines of the past.I was side by side, and it was a LHD one. Paint job looked immaculate.

i'm thinking it's the silver one on fleabay, and my buddy mistakenly thought it was lhd

I think you buddy is talking about me. I just bought the silver 77 Kenmeri GTR clone that was on ebay. I have been looking through this forum and I'm amazed at the wealth of knowledge availabel. It's good to have some where to turn when I have questions about the car.... and I will have questions. When I picked it up from Brian, he had commented that many people had already heard he had the car sold. It's nice to know that there are plenty of people out there just as passionate as me about these classics.

And it is RHD.

Chris

• 4 years later...

Hey Cris!!!

Man welcome and i must say that is a dope car! I moved down here from japan and I live in Long Beach now...I need help registering my Kenmeri and was wondering if you could tell me how you did it!? It's a 77....that's what the Japanese title says....and i know it aint gonna pass California smog!

Hey Cris!!!

Man welcome and i must say that is a dope car! I moved down here from japan and I live in Long Beach now...I need help registering my Kenmeri and was wondering if you could tell me how you did it!? It's a 77....that's what the Japanese title says....and i know it aint gonna pass California smog!

Tyrone, track down Tony D over at Hybridz.org. (He's also a member here, but he doesn't visit often.) He can probably show you exactly where you need to start reading in the California DMV code book.

Hey Chris! I hadn't seen your car around for a while. Could be that it's me not getting to as many of the show as I used to. I remember talking to you a few years back at one of the shows about California emissions and EFI systems. etc. In Temecula, I think.

Edited by sblake01