Heat shield for triples - Page 2 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Heat shield for triples

Featured Replies

how about some dimesions and center to center hole measurements ???

how about some dimesions and center to center hole measurements ???

I will try to get a simple cad drawing on tomorrow night. But in the meantime the two holes on each end will match up with the intake manifold carburetor bolts for the two end carburetors. The shield bolts between the carburetor front surface and the washers and nuts on the two end carbs. Jerry

Here are ZIIIs (Georges) pictures.

Will

post-4106-14150799109216_thumb.jpg

post-4106-14150799109585_thumb.jpg

post-4106-14150799110065_thumb.jpg

Thanks Will....

Am still trying to figure the photos out. Never had a problem before... One of those weeks I guess....

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Well, this is what I have come up with. At the carb base, I have bent the shield up under and behind the manifold flanges to stop heat transfer to the back of the carbs. I had to keep some space under the carbs due to the accelerator pumps. The shield mounts off the bottom carb studs. I did this one out of stainless and I might add a thin ceramic insulator pad to the bottom side of the shield.

post-11460-14150799210684_thumb.jpg

post-11460-14150799210991_thumb.jpg

post-11460-14150799211228_thumb.jpg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Very nice job....

You may be able to get away with not adding some sort of insulation, however, after I added another barrier it really helped.

:pirate: To begin with, I have 45mm Weber DCOEs on my Z. I also have a header with that setup. The air cleaner is from Electromotive and covers all three carbs. What I use as a heat shield is aluminium diamond sheet. I have simple L brackets holding it to the carbs (mounting on the back of the air cleaner). I cut it to fit as far under the manifold runners as possible. Then I drilled a lot of holes along that side of the metal (just big enough for my zip ties to fit thru) next to the runners. Then I zip tied them to the runners. It has been on it now for over three years and they haven't come off yet. Good Luck, Rich.:)

  • Author

I'm going out there to pick up a set and see what other goodies I can buy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.