Finally...My car arrives....YEA!!! - Page 2 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Finally...My car arrives....YEA!!!

Featured Replies

i remember when my baby arrived. r u going to stay with the flat tops?

i remember when my baby arrived. r u going to stay with the flat tops?
Pictures show round-tops already on it.

Nice car!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Nice find! I'm sure you must be relieved to have it in your hands and in better condition than expected. You gotta love positive surprises.

Congrats!

I too purchased my Z off the 'net (actually right here on classiczcars.com), I felt the same anxiety as it arrived.

Good luck!

I am truely envious, what a find! Enjoy the ride..

  • Author

ok, Ive got a newbie question......what are "flat tops", sorry I havent learned all the slang and lingo yet......You may stop laughing now..LOL

Carbs. The carbs used on the '73 240Z and '74 260Z here in the US are not well liked. Your car (as shown in the pictures) has already had the original '73 carbs (a.k.a. flat-tops) replaced with earlier 240Z carbs (a.k.a. round-tops). So your car is not original in that manner, but probably runs much better because of it.

They are the same as boadankers-the '73 emmissions meeting carbs-a poor use of metal, and an even poorer addition to a Z!

You may have heard of "throwing caution to the wind." Flat tops throw performance out the window!

Will

They are the same as boadankers-the '73 emmissions meeting carbs-a poor use of metal, and an even poorer addition to a Z!

You may have heard of "throwing caution to the wind." Flat tops throw performance out the window!

Will

Boadankers. There's a new word for you. LOL I like it!! Was that intentional?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.