IGNORED

(7) Datsuns looking for a home

webdawg1

Saw an auction on ebay that might be of some interest to all. Guy goes by the handle of jaguardatsuns. Looks like he has (7) cars total. I asked him several questions as to what all he had as far as model years...etc...etc.. Finally got him to respond back with the following info.

OK, here it is, (2) 72 models, (2) 73 models, and (3) 74 models, all the 74's are the small bumper (early) models. Really need to send a 'scout' that knows what they are looking at and take notes. I am in Western Ky, just off I-24 at US 4l. Call ahead at (270) 886-7933 and make arrangements. Glad to take the time with one of your members. Have been at the early Z's since 81, but am really a Jag man.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item=130050570434

webdawg1

JLPurcell,

SO....You must be the guy from indiana he was talking about...LOL. Saw this on eBay an figured SOMEONE would be interested for sure...No telling what all he's got as far as the parts he was making reference to...Could find just about anything mixed in with all that stuff...

webdawg1

I think this guy has opened up a big can of worms by listing all 7 cars as a single purchase or 1 car or indivdual parts......He has posted 2 pages of questions and answers for all kinds of stuff! LOL

You are right, without a specific listing of items etc. then how do you know what you can sale until you review all buyers and offers?

Whats for sale???

Yes, this is an odd auction. Looks like you could bid, win the auction and claim all 7 cars and their parts based on the way it is posted. With no current bids and a no reserve starting price of $1, you could get a lot of cars for cheap!

This auction is a type of advertising, not truly an auction. It basically says, "Please see that I have a pile of cars and parts to sell, and contact me directly so that I can sell them to you outside of eBay." Really cheap advertising, as at that starting bid, he probably paid a $0.30 insertion fee. Of course, it totally violates eBay's rules...