IGNORED

Steering rack boots from VB dont fit!?

BuDavid

Hi, I dont't know if it happened to anybody else before.. I purchaes steering rack boots from VB for my 1977 280Z, they were too big on the rack's side and too small on the tie rod side, the material looks decent but realy wierd size.. is it possible that I'm having a swapped steering rack??

is there any difference between the (240/280)Z steering racks?

thanx

Bummer. The last thing you need when ordering from overseas is getting parts that are not correct.

The thread below recently discussed steering rack boots and Enigma mentioned that he had a problem with ordering same from VB / Black Dragon. That might be a pointer towards the problem.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23138&highlight=steering+boot

I think that contact Black Dragon could be a good strategy here.

Hope you solve the problem easily and soon.

damn I can't beleave that they screwed it up with me! I ordered parts for a 1977 how can they mix them up like this! I guess it is not worth it to return them, coz it will cost more than thier price to ship them back!

at least I know now that my steering rack is original!:)

thanks Dave..

Zach, You are right, VB is here in the states, However, BuDavid is in Bahrain, therefore shipping is a pain.

BuDavid, I feel your pain (we all do, I imagine).

Keep at it, your lady will love you all the more for it.

Actually, BuDavid, where in Bahrain are you?

post-11908-14150798483904_thumb.gif

Hi Zack

Just to clarify, VB may be in North America but both Budavid (Bahrain) and myself (Australia) are not - hence for us VB is overseas while for yourself it is not.

I understand that a lot of car owners at some point in time may have had a thought the word "British" in the former name VB was potentially confusing as to the actual location of VB and that you may have thought I was having one of those moments.

On the matter of the parts supplied to BuDavid I am not sure what parts he has been sent and I think he might be appreciative of hearing from anyone who can shed any further light on this matter.

Regards

VB is not overseas. They are in Kansas. At least I think we're in Kansas, um, anymore.

Come on Zack you have been a member for over a year and a half. Read the post , but also see where they are in this world , BEFORE YOU JUMP IN. This sort of post is what starts a flaming war. Gary:p

damn I can't beleave that they screwed it up with me! I ordered parts for a 1977 how can they mix them up like this! I guess it is not worth it to return them, coz it will cost more than thier price to ship them back!

at least I know now that my steering rack is original!:)

thanks Dave..

Hey, next time order them from Motorsport Auto. http://www.zcarparts.com

They are usually more careful about that parts they send to you... especially if you're outside the USA.

-- Mike

I agree, Motorsport is careful with their shipments. I have had an issue or two with them, but they made everything right with no additional cost to me. Here's one example: My wife ordered a cup holder for me from them. She mistakenly ordered one for a 350Z. Of course it wouldn't fit so it had to go back. Now here is an example of good customer service (and why I keep doing business with them)...... She called and explained the problem. First she got an aploogy, something like "we are very sorry. We know that he always orders for an early 240Z. It is our fault for not asking." Next was great too...."We will send a pick-up slip and a proper replacement immediately." Two days later my UPS man picked up the wrong part, and the enxt day I had the correct one in hand. Not another penny out of my pocket.

Consider contacting VB and see what they will do to "make things right" for you. If they are not willing to do so, I'd tell them that they have an opportunity in front of them to make a loyal customer or to loose your future purchases and those of other folks (fellow forum readers). What do you have to loose? There is nothing like good customer service!

I am interested to see how you make out with that. I suspect some other forum readers are too. Please keep us posted on this.

I placed a huge order with MSA that included both the left and right hand sills. They sent me two right hand sills in error. I gave them a call and emailed them a picture. MSA had a left hand sill delivered to my door in 5 days. I live in New Zealand, so the freight would have been expensive for the extra sill, well at least what the sill was worth.

No quible, no nonsense, excellent service and great products.

Zack, I left the answers on my crewLOL ehy were more than enough:)

Zbane (David)

I attach an aupdated map of yours shoing my town in red and a new casway at north, and the small pink dot above the ord "Manama" which is the capital town is y home previously up to 1990 before we moved to our stupid town:)

and the F1 sign is where the F1 location.. yeah right after my town, takes only 10min to reach the place from my home..:)

beandip (Gary easy on Zack man, maybe he thaught that "bahrain" is a village in Saint Lois:p

Mike,

I know that site, ordering from VB is much easier for me, and they have some parts chaper most of the time don't they??

Deesz, 240znz.

I'll consider your experience with them, I'll try to fill up that form coz they dont seem to be easy for me:stupid:

thanks for following up guys..

post-8997-14150798486065_thumb.gif