IGNORED

Attacked by rust

240kconvertible

I have a R31 booster sitting in the garage to be used with the r31 front crossmember, steering etc etc.

I'm seriously looking into getting an R33 front end to replace the R31 one though. The reason being that I can't bring myself to put in a steering rack with 5 turns lock to lock, I have a guy willing to sell me the whole R33 setup including brakes and rims just not including the power steering pump for $350.

How many turns lock to lock is the R33? The seller couldn't tell me.

Is this master cylinder your selling better than standard R33/R31 ones? I'd be interested in any parts anyone has to sell that will make my car handle or stop better. I need a reciept with them though as I'm claiming my C110 build on tax, I get 15k a year car allowance which has to be spent on cars.........damn.

I stung the tax office for a 8k return this year, I'm waiting for the Audit now LOL and yes I'm spending every cent of it on the C110.

i don't think you can use the newer master cylinders as they are setup for ABS.. not sure how this affects the booster, but i think the newer boosters have a different m/c mounting config, so i am not sure you would get them to fit..

i would be cautious trying to mix the newer stuff in.. but maybe lookup the front track widths of the R33 vs R31 vs C110? i didn't have a gtst so i can't help much i am afraid.. never spent any time under a gtst

i would be cautious trying to mix the newer stuff in..

Your totally right there, that's how you set yourself up to spend a lot of money. I should stop whining and accept the R31 for the time being get the C110 on the road and ugrade it later.

I'd like to highjack this thread to post a photo of a hottie I picked up last night. I thought she was 28 last night but found out she's 38 today LOL LOL LOL How good is alcohol. I'm 26 by the way.

If anyone else picked up on the weekend feel free to post pic's.

post-9623-1415079847837_thumb.jpg

post-9623-1415079847931_thumb.jpg

The engineer I had booked in for my conversion work has put me on a 3-4month waiting list, I can't blame him though as I've told him it would be in ages ago.

Does anyone know any good engineers in Sydney? that aren't booked up for ages.

I'm nearly ready to get it all put in, I have all the cash just have to wait for the panel beaters to weld up the rust holes and then primer it. I really want it on the road in early feb and this has kinda ruined that plan.

your best bet is to find the list of approved engineers off the rta website (it is a pdf in the ADR section i think) and ring every one of them..

let me know your experience with however you choose.. i will need to get off my arse and start talking to an engineer soon

So far it hasn't gone too well, the three other engineers I have contacted all have about a three month waiting list.

Make sure you give them heaps of time or you'll end up like me having to wait to get it done.:disappoin :disappoin :disappoin I dopn't think mine will be on the road now until late May:( :( :(

I'm meeting with 2 of them next week so will keep you updated, all 3 of them aren't too impressed with what I want to pay so I may just end up going with the original engineer.

I'm making the engineer put it in writing that all four wheels will be in the right position (lined up straight and checked at the wheel aligners) or they won't get paid. All of them weren't too happy about this but agreed it was fair enough. Apparently no one ever asks for this.

The engineer has to put the whole 300zx rear diff, suspension and brake assembly in as well as the front crossmember from a R31.

As it's all getting changed I want it in writing that it will all be perfectly straight when finished.

Do you think I'm being a bit of a wank about this? my mates kinda do! LOL

not at all.. i am ultra cautious about stuff like that...

put it this way... my "friend" who was supposidly experienced in engine conversions, made a gearbox cross member which was mounted to my car by bolting 4 bolt through the floorpan (with 2 metal plates to stop it ripping through)... his previous attempt (which i also found unacceptable), was to have the gearbox xmember sitting 15cm off the ground....

neither of these are acceptable to me, let alone if an engineer actually tried to inspect the car.. and when i complained about it (having paid him $2k for engine mounts, gearbox and diff mount), he started carrying on that i was too picky and fussy.. that really annoys me seeing as i am no expert, but it was obvious that things were not right...

it cost me another $2000 to get them all (except the engine mounts) redone properly by somebody else.. i guess my lesson is don't get a friend to do things for you on the cheap.. it costs you in the long run (and it saves the conflict of having to argue with a "friend" about their pride and quality of work)..

be as anal as you can.. your friends or the engineer doesn't have to live with the effects of a bad job..

• 4 weeks later...

I agree Kent, I'll stick with being anal and insist on having it in writing.

Sadly though I won't be able to even get mine into the engineers until early april now:disappoin as I have to spend my hard saved cash to import my bro's 2003 M3 into the country. I have to buy it now and leave it over there till March after which he will have owned it for a year and can import it as his personal vehicle. I'm landing it for 35k approx

I have to sell it straight away as no insurance company will cover me in it as I've lost my licence twice from speeding now. I can't risk anything happening to it.

So now my C110 will sit in primer surrounded by it's parts for the next 5 months and the car I've spent my cash on I don't even get to drive:cry: I'm guessing that it will be on the road later in the year as winter hits now. Perfect timing for a convertible to be released into the wild.:stupid:

The good news is that I will have more than enough money to finish her properly now, instead of buying half the required parts and putting it back on the road half finished.

Also I now have a workshop manual for the C110 if anyone desperately needs any pages emailed to them pm me.