IGNORED

Source for Fender covers

TomoHawk

Is there a place that has fender covers that you can use on a Z? You can't just use the generic kind, because the fenders on a Z are much wider than your average car. Something maybe even with a big Z on it would be good.

thx

I've used a beach towel before with a couple of small magnets to stop it from sliding off ... pretty ghetto-fabulous! Light and flexible, good for preventing scratches but I don't think it offers much more protection than that. Maybe someone could post a product review of the MSA and/or TIR covers with photos and opinions.

Nate

Mine came from a Nissan parts guy friend. I'll bet if you go down to your local dealer and ask the service manager, he'll point you in a good direction. They are vinyl covered foam rubber and have sewn ridges in them at the folds. A quick search of "fender covers" on the internet will get you pages of leads and I will always recommend covering the fenders when you work on the engine. It is just to easy to scratch, dent and stain.

I had a set made at an uphostery shop-even matched the color of the car(different car) made of medium gage Vinyl with elastic bands to catch on the accessories in the engine compartment, a tuck for the front and a padded area for a magnet to hod the rear. I also had them make a removeable heavy felt liner with battens to keep the fender safe if I was going to get serious with the tools. The liner velcros in-but I didn't find it in time for the picture.

Will

post-4106-14150797950713_thumb.jpg

I had a set made at an uphostery shop
Upholstery shops.... They usually just want to recover your seats- and only if it's a late-model car with new covers readily available. I tried to get a new sunvisor to fit my bigger-sized mirror, and they guy just kept saying " it's too thick to go through the sewing machine."

:angry: