IGNORED

The Pinks Z Races on Wednesday!

theianmonster

I can't make sense of that show. Everybody's arguing, and the phography sucks. ( too close) Even the narator was hard to understand. Good thing I taped it (and running out to the Z during commercials to clean & pack for a car show this weekend.)

It airs again at 11 or 11:30 pm eastern, IIRC (if you get it).

I thought Texans were more 'laid back' than that?...

I was disappointed with the show - negotiating in the end turned into a yellfest. Heads up no nitrous would have been a race. (My humble opinion)
I agree. Like the Monte didn't already have a built engine BEFORE the nitrous was added. That's how things used to be- run what you got ( as in before nitrous.) If it was two kids over something less valuable, I'd say they deserved to lose because they allowed themselves to sink as low as the Chevy driver.

Do you think they could ever get two cars that are the same, like two turbo Zs or two Honduhs?

Do you think they could ever get two cars that are the same, like two turbo Zs or two Honduhs?

I just finished writing Rich a letter (E) saying something similar - If you can't get two of a kind at least get a pumped Z. These cars aren't anymore dragsters than Monte Carlos (stock). If your gonna pump the Monte then get a pumped Z.

There are lots of tricked out Zs around - lots of V8s pushing some amazing power. There was one down here that mopped up the drag racing scene for couple of years.

Either way pumped American V8s verses turbo japanese 6 is a mismatch and painfull to watch.

I'm with you - match racing would be a show.

The group of guys at Hybrid Z that were in this group actively pursued getting on the show. Can't blame the show for them bringing a disappointing car - and it was IMO. How embarrasing to need a jumpstart between runs?!?

However, you can blame the show for sucking, and that it does. Maybe I'm the one who has the wrong idea, but I'd rather get in the car and DRIVE than sit and bitch about the other guy sandbagging and try to figure out how much of a lead I'll need to win, and then try to convince him to give it to me. But then again, the kind of racing I do has set rules, and you build your car within the rule set. No whining, no drama (normally). Which is probably why you NEVER see autox on television. That and it's flat boring to watch.

They showed better video ofn the Chevy, and they showed of the Z was some quick shots of the tail lights. If it's a show about drag racing, show the racing! Not just close-ups on the drivers & tire smoke.

The Chevy should have lost- their battery died & they diden't bring a charger!

U'm glad the audio was working well- It sounds like my car...

say what you want about the hybrid z guys and the racing, but its all in what you negotiate, which can equalize any two cars.

What really showed it for me, was how the chevy driver, in every race he was leading was constantly turning his head and looking back at the Z. They were holding out the entire time, and imho, were never fully on it until the last race, where they walked them.

What really showed it for me, was how the chevy driver, in every race he was leading was constantly turning his head and looking back at the Z. They were holding out the entire time, and imho, were never fully on it until the last race, where they walked them.

Yep. This is like retarded bracket racing IMO. Instead of stating what you'll run and running it, you state a gap you think you can cover (sandbagging) and then try to close the gap. I was surprised to see the Monte win by that much though.

I was just chatting with Garrett, the driver of the Z, and he says he thought the Z was doing about 115 through the traps. He said the night before it did 124, but they had some ignition problem going on that was hurting the top end. That is pretty damn fast, a lot faster than my Z. So maybe it was the speed differential that made it look slow.

I think if it is ever tried again, the engine should be setup both with and without the nitrous, then decide whether or not to use it when you get to the track. I think that if the Z had nitrous, it would have been MUCH closer, and the negotiations would have been easier. Then, even if the Z had lost, it wouldn't be so bad. :)

BTW, I thought the Z had a turbo V-8... :(