WHich would you rather have(and post why)? - Page 4 - Polls - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

WHich would you rather have(and post why)?

Which would you rather have(post why)? 92 members have voted

  1. 1. Which would you rather have(post why)?

    • what came with the car
      20%
      19
    • 5 speed manual
      71%
      66
    • 3 speed automatic
      1%
      1
    • Automatic with overdrive.
      6%
      6

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

def the 5 speed...I have an auto in my 77 (which is getting converted to a manual SOON) and i have drivin a 5 speed car...the diff is night and day!

My 72 Z has a 4 speed from the factory. My truck has a 5 speed and the gas mileage is higher on the truck. I just got back from a trip to Chattanooga ,Tennessee and that 5 speed really helped going up and down Lookout mountain. I would put a 5 speed in the Z; if I could afford it.

Sports cars were meant to be driven, not automated. My Z came from the factory with a 4spd but the PO had already swapped in an early 5 speed. How convenient. I like to have that 5th gear for highway driving to keep down the revs at cruise. I may change to a later 5 speed and a 3.9 diff as some point but for now this combo will do.

The four speed doesn't seem natural, I find that when I let down my guard I search for the Overdrive. I would prefer a 5 speed. Know where I can get one?? (east coast would be nice)

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

If I can find an early 5 speed, it's going in.

I have my original early 5 speed with a 3.9 rear end and I love it :D comes in handy when a$$holes don't want to let you on the highway :devious::devious:

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.