IGNORED

This seller needs anger management!

1973Z

On the other hand, perhaps he has reason to be angry. I scanned through his feedback, he has a total of three negatives and all three users who gave it have 'z' or ''datsun' in their user name. Not to say that the negatives might not have been deserved, but still it might tend to make one a bit testy about Datsun people...

It's a mixed bag. I am a cheap bastard, and I'll be the first to admit it. So I definitely fit his description of a "scrounger". From the seller perspective, I sold a smog rail that had never even been installed and the buyer complained about the condition of the zinc coating on it. So, yeah, I can sympathize with this guy. A lot of Datsun owners either have no money and want it for free or they want it so perfect that not even new condition satisfies them.

On the other hand, I've done quite well on some of my auctions, so I know Z parts do have some value. You just have to be lucky enough to find the right bidder on the right day. Anyone remember the $400 tail lights that sold on ebay? Sometimes you don't just find the right bidder on the right day, you hit the jackpot! (no, that wasn't my auction but it was pretty crazy!)

Definitely a little tense, but he does have a point. All too often you hear Z guys going on about how their Z's aren't worth much and they really love it when they see one sold for a lot of money... but at the same time, winge and moan about the price of parts. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Though I don't think that really needs to be pointed out when you are trying to sell something......... LOL

Also I agree with jmortensen. eBay is a VERY tempremental selling medium. I have sold a lot of things over the last few months and have seen this for myself. It really depends a lot on not only your description, but also starting price, picture quality (as mentioned in another thread recently), and the time and day you list it. The rest is up to demand... and luck!!!