IGNORED

How long have you had your Z?

I purchased my HLS30-00849 in 1973. Drove it about two years. Tore it down. Changed from green to red. As Datsun parts mgr., bought a new part each week. It still sits in basement garage and hasn't been driven in 33 years.

My wife found my car in the local paper in 2004. I got it from the 2nd owner after he had let it sit in his side yard for 12+ years. With the help of my bro-in-law (JMortensen), we got it started with less than 10 hours of work. Not bad for $500!! She's (the car) is looking and running better than I am for being 2 years older than me!

Well, Carl got me by a year on date of purchase. Bought mine off the showroom floor in March of 1971, the last of the series 1 cars. But I got him on longevity: still own the car today, and has been a restoration project since 1999. It won't be finished until it looks like the day I bought it.

Dan

I purchased my HLS30-00849 in 1973. Drove it about two years. Tore it down. Changed from green to red. As Datsun parts mgr., bought a new part each week. It still sits in basement garage and hasn't been driven in 33 years.

Hello:

A question or two..

Did you have this car advertised For Sale - in Oxford, PA?

Can you tell me the original engine serial number?

thanks,

Carl B.

Carl,

This car has been in Kansas and in a state of s-l-o-w restoration since 1975.

It has never been advertsed for sale. I don't have the engine # with me, but

will look under the hood by the first of next week and reply again.

Thanks for the inquiry,

Neil Gilbert

IZCC # 14083

My current Z is my third 240. First was a '71, painted metallic blue, bought it in Omaha, NE in 1978, lost it in Ano Glyfada, Greece in 1981. When I got back to the states, I purchased a '70, painted Corvette Bright Yellow with red pinstripes. Needless to say, it was bought in Albuquerque, NM, and I transported it to my new duty station in San Antonio, TX. Kept that one until JUne 1986. Had to get rid of it because it was fairly modified and I was going to be moving to So. California. From that time on, I was working overseas for the most part until February, 2000. I started looking for a good early Z, and found one that the owner used during his summer vacations in Asbury Park, NJ. I have had this one since April, 1990, and will keep it until it or I give up the ghost. Currently I have somewhat about 8,000 in refurbishing it, preparing an L28 and 5 speed, along with an R200 3.90 differential. Hope to be able to get it back on the road within a month.