1970/71 Exterior Color Interior Color:

901 Silver gray (metallic) Black

903 Universal blue Blue or Black

904 Kilimanjaro white Blue or Black

905 Monte Carlo red Black

907 Racing green Brown or black

918 New sight 0range Black

918 Sunshine yellow Black

920 Safari gold Black (#920 aka-Mustard)

...but does anyone know the production numbers per color? This is for 70/71.

Thanks,

James

Speaking of color, I picked up a little promo brochure of the 1970 line of Datsuns. it has a pic of a 240-Z that is light, robins egg blue. I have never seen this color in picture or real life before. Anybody else know anything more??

Speaking of color, I picked up a little promo brochure of the 1970 line of Datsuns. it has a pic of a 240-Z that is light, robins egg blue. I have never seen this color in picture or real life before. Anybody else know anything more??

I've seen one 240 in 20 years that had that same color but I didn't see it listed at zhome.com.

http://zhome.com/History/ZColorGallary/index.html

If I ever seen one again, I'll have to hope the hood is popped and the color number still visible.

Is that the same colour as v12horse's 260Z (in his gallery)?

Do you have a scan of your brochure? That would be an interesting thing to see after all theses years.

were there two different 918 colors? One that was yellow and one that was orange?

That should 919 Yellow. I have one in that color.

Probably one of the rarest color combos in '70 was blue, with a blue interior. That is the color of my other one. I think blue & white are probably #1 & 2 in rarity.

Marty

Is that the same colour as v12horse's 260Z (in his gallery)?

Do you have a scan of your brochure? That would be an interesting thing to see after all theses years.

You know it does look alot like v12's 260 color, but it's kind of hard to tell...

I have always referred to a similar color that I've seen on 280-Z's as "ice blue" and that may actually be what is on that 240-Z in the brochure, because it's a small pic and you know color can vary alot in photos. i will try to take a digital pic of the brochure photo and post it here.

Also Marty, I wondered about the color combos and how rare they are. Once Sal at Motorsport told me the blue interiors were only in about 5 percent of the early cars, but that seems a bit high. Also Ive seen more blue than white interiors, but who knows which is more rare?