IGNORED

Bad news...

z_pyro

Took a test drive of my z 2day...not good...

there was a heavy "clunk" every time we accelerated, my dad said it was the u-joint..there's just too much work to do on the z for a 16 yr old working @ min wage @ 20 hours/week...

tomorrow my dad is going to see of the DMV will buy it for 2 grand, for being a "gross-polluter".....:( :( :(

my uncle is going to sell us his chevy caprice....what a step up...

well, if i can get $2k from parting it out, i'd do that....anyone need an L28 engine with a N42 head, dual Webers, anything else from a 71 240? :( :( :(

I wouldn't give up on the Z just yet, it might only be one u-joint. There are 6 total on a Z, but even then you are only talking about 100 dollars or less to repair. It could also just be the mustache bar bushings are shot, or the front diff mount could be bad or even that the rear is loose on the mustache bar.

Don't give up yet! Anything that is wrong with the car we can walk you through the repairs as it needs them, you just have to save what money you can to make the repairs as your budget allows. What makes your Dad think a Chevy Caprice is going to be any better than the Z? They break down too!

like i said before....there's just too much work

not only is the rear end shot, the shocks are messed up, the electrical is shot, the car is too much work for a person in my situation.

Chevy caprices that are 10-15 years old dont break down or are already broken down as much as my 31 year old z. i need reliable transportation, not a project car, as the z is turning out to be.

Z_pyro,

Sorry it is not working out! Obviously we would all like to see you in that Z! But it might be best for you to take a break from it and after driving the Caprice you will find you way back to it or another Z.

Regarding the DMV paying $2k, I don't think that is going to happen. I think at most they will pay $500, but I think the car has to be registered first.

How much would you sell the car for? I don't need another one but that didn't stop me last time. I also know some other people who might be interested in it for the right price.

Any pictures?

well, i'm trying to get at least 2000, as my uncle's caprice is 1500. i'll take some more pics and try to get them scanned (no, i don't have a digital cam!!:P :p ). the car doesn't look all that bad...if you know what you're looking at....

Hmmmmmm !!!!!

Caprice_Pyro just doesn't sound right !

I guess we should pitch in an get you a

subscription to Low Rider MAgazine :)

Come on Z their are a few big Z Clubs

in your area that could help you out.

Most of us have spares we could send you

to get her running. You are dealing with some

pretty cool people in the Z community who will

lend a helping hand.

And besides " Chicks dig Z's "

One track day with your Dad at Thunderhill

or Buttonwillow and you will be changed.

I will buy the Caprice how much do you want?

Just please don't sell that z car.

I sold mine 12 years ago and I came crawling back like a baby.

Besides nookie is more easliy gotten in a Z than in a Caprice.

Unless of course its the....Caprice Classic then you're stylin"....not.

Or perhaps it is the Caprice Classic Brogham with the vinyl landau roof......oohhh Chiquita muy bien..

stop it already and fix it.

good luck

guys...IT'S TOO MUCH WORK!!!

God knows I want to keep it, but there's too much work to be done! I need a running, good condition, reliable car that can get me to and from work and school without having to worry about it dying on me or totally screwin up the rear end. I'm sorry, but I just can't keep it!

And about the caprice...it's a late 80's-early 90's model (the square, boxy kind). And getting nookie in a Z...seems impossible to me.....at least the caprice has a back seat

My 240z had a loose (I dont know what its called so here goes) bit where the drive shaft bolts onto the wheel flange thingo, that's held on by a big nut, and has splines in it. You know the one. I just unbolted the driveshaft from the flange and tightend the nut up, and bolted the driveshaft back up. Problem solved.

...and it aint that hard to do it in the front seat. ;)

passenger seat... not a problem. don't sell it... just fix it. a caprice, come on:finger: sure u will be driving around but u will not be :) , you will be:(

And the caprice can break too, and when u r working on it you will be all pissed off, there is nothing worse than working on a grandma car man..:tapemouth

Fix the z and u will be ROFL

I CANT FIX THE CAR!!!!

I DONT HAVE MONEY, I DONT HAVE TIME, I DONT HAVE RESOURCES!! I CAN NOT FIX THE CAR!!

no one ever said the caprice wont break, but the z is ALREADY broken, I would have to spend hundreds fixing it, THEN pay $300+ for registration, then high insurance because its a classic sports car!! THIS CAR IS NOT FEASIBLE FOR ME TO KEEP!!

and yes, I will be happy driving around because i will be able to keep my paycheck instead of spending it all on a high-maintenance car. yes, 31 year old cars are high maintenance, you guys all know that. as soon as you get one thing fixed, another thing goes out.

again, FIXING THE CAR IS NOT AN OPTION!!