IGNORED

Need Original Factory Left Front Fender

lonetreesteve

I purchased two brand new OEM Nissan fenders from my local dealer and paid $165.00 each. The parts manager is a personal friend and the president of our local club. He says they are true OEM.

I don't know how they compare to the "Origianal OEM" but they fit perfectly. They came with all the normal Nissan stickers and part numbers. I had always heard that the diffrence between true OEM and aftermarket is that the aftermarket makers have to make subtle changes in the angles, corners, cutouts, etc; so they don't break any copyright laws.

So how can you tell if you have the real thing?

Steve, you can get your fender NEW from Nissan.

Danny,

Thanks for posting the Nissan part numbers for the fenders. I Googled the part numbers and found a place called myautobodyparts.com out of California that will sell the OEM fenders for only $107.09 each plus shipping. They did not list a phone number, so I could only e-mail them to find out what the shipping cost would be (still waiting for a reply). Has anyone ever dealt with this place before?

Had the same quotes from Nissan in Charlotte as Danny did in Atlanta, to the penny. I mentioned I was a club member and the guy didn't even hesitate. I would rather pick it up from them than have another LTL , or god forbid, UPS deliver it to the house(No knock to UPS guys, I have many friends that work there, just tough on sheet metal). Steve, I think by the time you ship it you would be close to the dealership cost, check some more Nissan places

Thanks for the advice Tom! I didn't think too much about those UPS guys-you are right about that! I just got an e-mail back from myautobodyparts.com in California and the shipping & handling is almost as much as the fender itself at $89.00. Geeez, California isn't that far away and 1 fender doesn't weigh very much..... I think I will try calling around again to some more local Nissan dealers this afternoon (no luck yesterday).

ncz,

I have to tell you, I'm so embarrased about the news peole & rednecks down here are crying a river about CLT getting the NASCAR HOF instead of ATL.:cry:

Steve, what are the dealers saying to you? My last trip to the dealer I tried to get an interior rear view mirror. He said they were gone. I asked him about the fenders for a friend & he said they were on waiting lists as much as he could tell. This was probably November last year.

Steve the pmed price was my total cost. Nice thing about the dealer is they ordered four of these fenders before they got one they would let me have. Yeah "Wendle Nissan" Thanks Again to Jim Banner for your extra efforts. So with the shipping they are still cheaper from the dealer. If you guys keep ordering these from the dealer they will keep making them so, as we decide not to they too will dry up.

Well, of the 17 Nissan dealers in Colorado, there are 7 in the Denver metro area. I think I called all 7 plus one in Colorado Springs on Monday & Tuesday and none of them had any fenders in stock. In fact, a couple of the parts guys told me that they don't make them anymore and one even told me to call BV (yeah, right.. like I'm going to do that!). However, one I spoke to yesterday (Tuesday) was very helpful-Empire Lakewood Nissan, he first did a search for one in the Denver area, no luck (I could have told him that) then he did a search for Colorado, still no luck, than he did a national search and found one. At first he gave me a 15% Z-car club discount, then I told him that club member Danny posted a copy of his receipt on this website showing the Nissan dealer in Georgia gave him a 20% discount. so he gave in and applied a 20% discount for the fender! The fender should be in by tomorrow or Friday. Thanks for all the good advice guys, I really appreciate it! ) I feel good about my purchase from a dealer rather than some fly-by-night parts warehouse I found on the Internet.

Steve the pmed price was my total cost. Nice thing about the dealer is they ordered four of these fenders before they got one they would let me have. Yeah "Wendle Nissan" Thanks Again to Jim Banner for your extra efforts. So with the shipping they are still cheaper from the dealer. If you guys keep ordering these from the dealer they will keep making them so, as we decide not to they too will dry up.

Jim, I see you are in Tacoma, did you order your fenders from a Spokane dealer? That would be closest for me if I go that route.

Gary,

I did get them from the Spokane dealer. Jim has only been more then helpful. Always gone out of his way. Give him a part number and he will say yes, no and how long you have to wait. Do most of the stuff by email.

Steve glad you hit paydirt, now you know the "go to" man for Nissan. I think you will be very happy with your purchase

Danny, sorry about the Hall of Fame thing. Just another tax payer funded subsidy for multi millionares. We are famous for it. Wait a minute! I forgot its funded by the hotel/motel tax! I guess other people are paying for it. I feel much better

Jim,

It's true in regards to your comment about buying Nissan parts. If there is a continuous demand for parts they will keep them in production. Last month I ordered 6 boxes of 10 count dash light bulbs (very tiny instrument bulbs) and I ended up with 62 or 63 bulbs but the parts counter guy was telling me to look at the boxes as they were snatched from very corner of the country.

A friend of mine had ordered two boxes the day before I placed my order. My boxes were from Ca., Tx., N.Y., and Portsmouth, Va. The same holds true for the 280Z fusible link covers; I usually ask how many they have in stock and I clear them out. Other times I have found that if you want to keep a part in production order more than 10. This is tough to do in regards to fenders but if enough of us keep a steady flow of orders the whole community is better off in the end.