IGNORED

Need Original Factory Left Front Fender

lonetreesteve

Having some serious problems with the fit of the aftermarket left front fender on my '72 240. Does anyone have a good used original one from a 240, 260 or 280 they would be willing to sell to me for a reasonable price? I would only be interested in a factory original and not an aftermarket fender. Thanks!

in another thread, somewhere on this website, someone claimed that even the fenders purchased from Nissan are no longer manufactured by Nisssan. I believe the claim was made that ALL new fenders (including Nissan OEM purchased) are manufactured by other than OEM sources.

I can't find the thread, but it wasn't posted too long ago.

MSA will offer you a varying discount on parts if you tell them that you're part of your local Z club. For example, because I'm a member of the Georgia Z Club, MSA gives me a discount of 10% or less in most cases.

We GZC members receive a monthly newsletter & in the back if has a section that shows retailers that will offer a discount with proof of club membership. Banzai is one, Courtesy is another, & several local Nissan dealerships.

The Nissan dealer that I go to gives a 20% part discount with membership. Here is my receipt & the part numbers are included.

MVC-008F.jpg

Most of the better known retailers give a discount for verifiable membership in any of the larger Z clubs-including this one!

I would get to know the parts and sales managers at your local dealer. Sometimes the dealership might give a discount to someone with a newly restored Z to have it parked out front to help draw in customers. You won't know until you ask...

I am not active in the Georgia Z Club because it really does not cover the state of Georgia, but it does cover Atlanta and the Metro area very well. I am not convinced a 10hr drive round trip would be worth a 2-3 hour meeting at the Hooters on Jimmy Carter... Not that is isn't a great club with some seriously into it members, just that is may have members state wide, but it doesn't address those members with local events and discounts...