IGNORED

...Dietrich?

EricB

Mike I hope a little bit of self-promotion is ok?

If not then please delete and I apologize.

Hi

Last week I created a t-shirt design about the Enzo that crashed on PCH and submitted it to www.threadless.com for voting.

Basically the way that site works is that the design will be up for a week and if it garners enough interest they will print up a batch for sale.

If you like my work, please vote for it and tell a friend.

Thanks,

-e

http://www.threadless.com/submission/68444/...Dietrich

Eric,... even after reading the scenario that prompted design, I found it a little out of focus, obscure.... whatever!....and that really appeals to me, it creeps up on you :paranoid::) :cheeky: :DLOLROFL Absolutely effing brilliant!!

We obviously share the same off centre obscure sense of humour.

Sadly, I think you would spend a lot of time explaining to curious observers just what it was all about :rolleyes: ...but the payoff would be the odd stranger who would point and laugh, nodding there head and calling out "Deitrich..Deitrich, where aaarre youuu?" LOL

Jim.

Ferrari Case Takes New Twist w/Possible Tie to Bus Agency

The trail leads to a nonprofit operating out of a Monrovia repair shop. More puzzling is its police force and 'anti-terrorism' unit.

March 3, 2006

As sheriff's detectives investigate last week's crash that destroyed a $1-million Ferrari, they are now looking into an obscure nonprofit organization that provides disabled people w/transit in the San Gabriel Valley.

The car's owner, a former video game executive from Sweden, told L.A. County sheriff's deputies at the scene of the Feb. 21 accident in Malibu that he was deputy commissioner of the San Gabriel Valley Transit Authority's police anti-terrorism unit, detectives said Thursday.

A few minutes after the crash, two unidentified men arrived at the scene, flashing badges & saying they were from "homeland security," according to Sheriff's Department officials.

Deputies allowed the men into the accident scene, where they spoke to Stefan Eriksson before leaving, Sgt. Phil Brooks said.

Sheriff's officials on Thursday said they now want to question them.

"We would like the public's help w/any information about these men or the crash," Brooks said.

They are also looking into the transit organization to see what connection, if any, it has to the case. Brooks said detectives believe the two men from "homeland security" rec'd their badges from the transit authority.

No one was injured when the rare Ferrari Enzo traveling 162 mph smashed into a power pole on Pacific Coast Highway. But the case continues to generate interest because the Ferrari is one of only 400 built, & detectives have struggled to understand what happened.

Eriksson told investigators he was a passenger in the Ferrari & that the driver was a man named Dietrich, who fled from the scene. But officials have been skeptical, noting that Eriksson had a bloody lip & the only blood found was on the driver's side airbag.

On Thursday, Brooks said detectives now doubt initial reports that the Ferrari was racing a Mercedes SLR. Detectives had interviewed a 2nd man who said he was a passenger in a Mercedes SLR that he said was racing the Ferrari at the time.

"There was no Mercedes SLR," Brooks said. "Simply, there was a Ferrari w/two people in it. One of these men was driving."

Just as murky is Eriksson's connection to the San Gabriel Valley Transit Authority.

The organization is a privately run nonprofit that has agreements w/Monrovia & Sierra Madre to provide bus rides for disabled residents.

On its website, the San Gabriel Valley Transit Authority lists its address as 148 E. Lemon Ave. in Monrovia. The location is Homer's Auto Service, an auto repair shop.

A transit authority bus was parked in one of its driveways, but nothing on the storefront indicated it was a HQ for the agency. Inside, a young woman, who declined to give her name, said she was a dispatcher for the transit authority. She telephoned someone she said was an agency official, who declined to be interviewed.

According to the website, the organization also has its own police department w/a chief, detectives & marked police cruisers. Sheriff's investigators said Eriksson told deputies that he was deputy commissioner of the department's anti-terrorism unit.

But Monrovia Police Chief Roger Johnson said he found that the department is less than meets the eye.

"I don't know if they have a police department to go w/the website," he said.

In a brief interview, transit authority board member Yosuf Maiwandi said Eriksson had helped the police department's anti-terrorism unit w/camera technology for the paratransit vehicles.

Eriksson's civil attorney, Ashley Posner, is chairman of the transit authority board. Posner declined to comment; Eriksson's criminal attorney did not return calls seeking comment.

Officials in cities where the agency does business said they didn't know why a small transit authority needs a police department.

"We do not see the need for a ground transportation system for handicapped & disabled folks to have a police agency," Monrovia City Manager Scott Ochoa said. "We warned them that if the police agency operated w/them in the city of Monrovia, it would jeopardize their [transit] agreement w/us."

It remains unclear how Eriksson, who lives in a gated Bel-Air estate, came to work w/the transit agency.

Alan Deal, spokesman for the Commission on Peace Officer Standards & Training, said he has never heard of the transit authority's police department. Most police agencies are part of the commission, which governs training standards for officers in the state.

But Deal said some specialized departments are not members, & there are provisions in state public utilities law that allow for transit police agencies to be run by private transit providers.

Sheriff's Sgt. Brooks said Eriksson voluntarily gave a DNA swab, which will be used to determine whether his blood was on the driver's side airbag.

Eriksson had a blood-alcohol level of 0.09% — just over the 0.08% limit — & could face drunk driving charges if he was the driver, Brooks said.

Another mystery is the Glock ammunition magazine found near the crash. Brooks said detectives believe it's connected to the crash but don't know how.

Well guess what...

After one day of being online for voting at the www.threadless.com site, it's apparently been pulled?? I can't figure it out and so far I haven't been given any reason by email or otherwise. I sent an inquiring email to their customer service email address and am waiting for a reply...

I wondered if maybe someone started flaming me or something in the comments section but that's not the case. I just can't figure it out. All the car guys/gals I've shown it to like it, so maybe I should just get it made myself?

On another note, it's crazy how the plot is thickening surrounding this guy & his broken car... If I knew what the good ferrari online forums are & had a login/password I would've posted it there... Apparently a co-worker used to date one of the Ferrari F1 mechanics so she says she's fwd the link on to Maranello... Ha! Imagine that... :)

Pretty funny. Well except for the reaction over at threadless.com - did you read the comments? geez.... hahaha lighten up people! It's not like a busload of orphans was killed in the accident, in fact except for the owner's cut lip no one was injured, no endangered tree frogs were run over... Just a broken ferrari, a broken telephone pole, and the most fantastic BS excuse ever...

-e

I got the details from the printer.

I am going to have the t-shirts printed on black 100% cotton Hanes Beefy-T tagless t-shirts. I am going to sell them at $15each and am only hesitating wether to make a limited run of either 24 or 48. If I could get a show of hands either here or by PM that would be great.

Turnaround time is roughly 1week at the printer from the minute I say go.

Thanks all,

-e

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Have you seen the LA Times?

Yet another article!

http://www.latimes.com/search/dispat...st-page-size=5

Unbelievable where this story is going...

For those that want to mail a money order, I am picking up the shirts sunday night and have limited quantities, so first come first served. If I run out before I can fulfill everyone's order I'll either have a second batch made or immediately return your money order to you in the mail. Regardless I'll be in touch.

$16 per shirt

$4 flat fee for USPS Priority Mail for 1-3 shirts.

It now says "...Dietrich?" on the back of the shirt between the shoulder blades. I think it looks pretty darn good, then again why wouldn't I, right?

If you want one send the money orders to my work address:

BMW Designworks USA

c/o Eric Bauer

2201 Corporate Center Dr

Newbury Park, CA 91320

Thanks again!

-e

PS: If you want you can Paypal too I guess... Although if I sell out I'm unsure if Paypal will return their 3.5% fee when I go to refund you... Maybe someone already knows?

Thanks for the effort Mike.

Looks like you have to register to view the article. i won't do that. I have enough spam without the added assistance of the LA Times.

Thank you anyway.

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize. I use FireFox with the BugMeNot extension. Whenever you hit a site that makes you register it looks up a valid login and fills it in for you.

Try this one:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/16/national/main1409832.shtml

If that still doesn't work go to http://news.google.com and search for "ferrari"