IGNORED

Headlight Upgrade Harness's For Sale (again!)

Zs-ondabrain

If anyone is wondering, yes, the hood WILL fit in the back of a 240Z as long as you don't mind driving around hunched over with the hood resting on the top of your seat's headrest!
Reminds me of how I found out on the spur of the moment that a 240Z rear hatch will fit (just barely) in the back seat of a '96 328i.

Independant plug for Dave and a little post whoring...

After seeing the quality of Dave's original harness, I plan to buy another one (I already have two for my 240z's) for the '75 280Z I'm lookin' for.

Snipping a couple of wires to get the rectangle connector is a small price for the piece of mind this thing gives me and the fact that my return caravan made me lead because no one could handle the brightness from my Cibie H4 headlights with Narva 100/55W bulbs!

And that was on the LOW beam setting! When I was leading and turned on the HIGH beams, everyone could see a LONG way down the road. Lord help those in front of me if I ever decide to get the 130/100W bulbs...

My switch and fusebox never even got warm to the touch and this was a 6.5 hour straight drive with only one stop for gas... Gotta love the mpg potential on these old cars!

Dave's harness, good lenses and bulbs will change the way you feel about driving your Z at night.

Thanks for the Great "plug" Mike. Now I know why every one gets out of my way when I'm going down the freeway. And I know that my exhaust does'nt help the sinus's but I'm also guessing that people did'nt like following me after I hit the brakes a couple of times. (L.E.D. tail lights)

After a 2400 mile round trip, you tend to notice the little things that other people do as your cruising down I-5 at 80 or 90 mph.

I got so many compliments on the harness's and LED tail lights while at the MSA event that my foot got tired from hitting the brakes while in the parking lot for all those who wanted me to "Hit the brakes again" and the now famous "Are those LED'S? DAMN Dave, those are nice, and bright"

I took 8 Headlight harness's and 7 parking light harness's and sold them ALL in about 2 hours. And it helped to spread the word about the harness's and Tail lights.

As for the Question about integrating the (black, round 3-pin) 260Z parking light plugs into the MY Headlight harness, YES I can do that!!!

I need the 2 Male? plugs that are attached to the stock harness and I ALSO need 1 headlight side plug that attaches to those plugs. (as an input for the relays)

Make sure that you give me at least 5 inches of pigtail when you cut the plugs off the harness. Send the plugs and the $125 money order to me at the address that is posted through out the forums. Use the link in my signature to get the address.

I CAN MAKE A UNIVERSAL HARNESS for those who don't mind cutting into there stock wiring harness. I can also make a pigtail that wires into the 280 and 260 wiring by use of butt connectors and uses 240Z plugs (I charge $25 for the 4 extra pigtailed plugs) I will also give you somewhat detailed instructions on the installation of the pigtails. After you install them, you'll be able to reconnect the plugs if you decide to remove the harness. They'll just be 240 plugs but will serve the same purpose.

Don't get me wrong guys, I almost think that 260 and 280Z's are as important as 240Z's (almost) But I keep you guys in mind with the hopes of coming up with solutions for all of our electrical and lighting issues that Datsun/Nissan left us to deal with 28+ years later.

Dave.

P.S. MikeW now has a set of LED tail lights and you can now get a second opinion as to the lights quality and affectiveness. Thanks again MikeW!!

No problem Dave, and I won't even hold it against you that I'm not MikeW! ;)

PM me pics of your LED tail lights if you've got 'em.

That's got to be a nice compliament to your tail light relay harness!

I'll take a picture of mine tonight and post it here.

Thanks Mike. And Here's the link to the first page of the forum, when I first started selling them.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20862

Click on the links on the first thread. A good view of them in action is the "posi-burn out" video. It takes a minute to load but is almost worth it.

Dave.

snip ...

I CAN MAKE A UNIVERSAL HARNESS for those who don't mind cutting into there stock wiring harness. I can also make a pigtail that wires into the 280 and 260 wiring by use of butt connectors and uses 240Z plugs (I charge $25 for the 4 extra pigtailed plugs) I will also give you somewhat detailed instructions on the installation of the pigtails. After you install them, you'll be able to reconnect the plugs if you decide to remove the harness. They'll just be 240 plugs but will serve the same purpose.

Don't get me wrong guys, I almost think that 260 and 280Z's are as important as 240Z's (almost) But I keep you guys in mind with the hopes of coming up with solutions for all of our electrical and lighting issues that Datsun/Nissan left us to deal with 28+ years later.

As a 280z owner and the user of Dave's headlight harness I can say it's a good match. The headlights are much brighter and it works out great. You can also borrow the headlight plug from a parts car or junker so you don't need to cut your own plugs ...

Do you have a shot of just the parking lights? How do you like 'em?

On a dark road, do you look in the rear view mirror just to see EVERYTHING light up when you hit the brakes? I do it all the time!!

Beware of huge chrome bumpers on semi-trucks. Ya hit the brakes and might blind yourself ROFL

Looks good,

Dave.