IGNORED

How can I find a 240Z to look at/drive in Tampa?

240Zgrogster

Thanks to those who responded to my earlier thread. After reading your replies, it sounds like a 240Z is a good tall man's car. Can anyone recommend any publications that list 240Zs for sale in the Tampa area? I haven't had much luck so far with internet searches. I'd like to go drive one. I'm not in the market right now, I'm just trying to narrow down which car will be my mid-life crisis, You know what I'm saying?

-G

G'Day there Grog,

(Is that REALLY your name ????? down in this neck of the woods it's slang for beer, booze).

I took special note of your comment, "a 240Z is a good tall man's car".

NOT IF IT HAS A BLOODY SUNROOF BY COENEN IN IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 8/74 260Z looses a good two and a half inches of head room due to the sliding sunroof. I'm just a freckle under 6 feet and if I hit a decent bump I'll contact the roof.

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

I forwarded this thread, Grog. You may want to come clean with your real name. Don't mean to offend, but the Tampa guys are having trouble with another guy looking for a car in the Tampa area. Do you know Mike Hunt?

You are more than welcome to join our club. http://www.suncoastzcarclub.homestead.com/

Then there are several other clubs around the State.

http://www.centralfloridazclub.com/phpBB2/portal.php

http://www.flzclub.com/forum/index.php?

http://www.sfzcc.com/default.asp

http://www.350zclubofflorida.com/

Greg,

I was probably out of line to even bring it up. I seriously don't mean to offend. I think there is some residue left over from Tampa's cigar history, or something's getting smoked! Somehow, the Tampa guys all think its funny to play pranks on each other and if you have a look at eBay, you might notice that it is "that time of the month", if you know what I mean.

Have a good drive in a Z car and come to our club events. The FZA is talking seriously about an autocross in Gainesville April 22nd. The Suncoast club is preparing for our spring picnic at Ft. Desoto April 8th.

Thanks to those who responded to my earlier thread. After reading your replies, it sounds like a 240Z is a good tall man's car. Can anyone recommend any publications that list 240Zs for sale in the Tampa area? I haven't had much luck so far with internet searches. I'd like to go drive one. I'm not in the market right now, I'm just trying to narrow down which car will be my mid-life crisis, You know what I'm saying?

-G

Go to Z Docs at the southeast corner of Fletcher and Nebraska. They always have a few for sale.

Hey all,

Thanks for all your help. I drove my first 240Z on Monday. In a word, WOW! I drove a stock '72 with a 5 speed manual transmission. I didn't think it would have as much power. I drove it mostly on busy straight streets, but still got a great feel for the car. I do fit in it (I'm 6'4"). No problem with legroom. When I lean all the way back, the top of my head does hit the rectangular beam above the hatch. I can probably put the seat forward a few notches and be fine. Now I just have to sell my wife on getting one in a few years...

Is the Z picnic at Ft. Desoto (Florida) set for April 8th? I hope not-we're going to a wedding that day! I'm really looking forward to seeing a bunch of Zs and meeting the Suncoast Z club members.

-Greg

Is the Z picnic at Ft. Desoto (Florida) set for April 8th? I hope not-we're going to a wedding that day! I'm really looking forward to seeing a bunch of Zs and meeting the Suncoast Z club members.

-Greg

Hi Greg

Yes, so far it's on the 8th of April. I'll be there, Chris (26th-Z) will be there as will the rest of "Tampa BoyZ"/Suncoast Z Club. Hope to get some good pictures. For all that don't know and for those who don't even care, Ft. Desoto Beach was voted best beach in the USA. A bunch of Z cars will only improve that national reputation. :laugh:

Vicky

26th-Z,

Just took a look at the Central Florida list and noticed a) you are a member and B) they had a recent run to DeLeon Springs in/near DeLand.

Did you go? Interestingly, my parents retired to DeLand, so I spend time down there. My in-laws are in Longwood, and with 2 young children, we do Disney 2-3 times per year....maybe I should join the Central Florida club!!

How was the Z run (if you went)? I love the breakfast at the Sugar Mill!!!!

Hey all,

Thanks for all your help. I drove my first 240Z on Monday. In a word, WOW! I drove a stock '72 with a 5 speed manual transmission. I didn't think it would have as much power. I drove it mostly on busy straight streets, but still got a great feel for the car. I do fit in it (I'm 6'4"). No problem with legroom. When I lean all the way back, the top of my head does hit the rectangular beam above the hatch. I can probably put the seat forward a few notches and be fine. Now I just have to sell my wife on getting one in a few years...

-Greg

Ha the Z-festation has begun ... LOL

You must try it in the twisties...there's something about the body's center of gravity being right in the pocket of the rear wheel and differential that's very seductive...

Just buy one, park in the garage and see if she notices...j/k...welcome...to Z-mania...you'll be done in after you visit with the Suncoast group...

:beard: