IGNORED

My misfortune...

kyteler

Sorry to see the damage. An real good old-time body man should be able to fix it up, though it will cost a pretty penny. I remember seeing one such man putting body filler on the outside of a single-wall pick-up truck bed, and when I looked on the inside, I couldn't see any trace of the dent or hammer marks. When I asked him about it, he just laughed at me . . . . .

I am so sorry to see what happened to your beautiful C110. Hopefully, their insurance company will come through and pay for you to get it back to as good as new condition. I am crossing my fingers for you Mike. I really feel for you. Somebody hit my car, but it was not quite as severe. I got it fixed, but they payed out of pocket.

-Ben

Definetly repairable.

Dunno how it works in NZ, but in Aus there are 2 types of a writeoff (well in WA at least, not sure about other states).

Basically there is a financial write-off - meaning it will cost more to fix than the car is insured for (usually if its going to cost more than 80% of what the car is insured for, they will write it off).

That's the type of write off you want if they aren going to fix it, because you can take the payout, minus the salvage cost of the vechile, which measn you get to keep the car also. They you get it repaired privately.

The other type of write off, puts it on the list of cars that can never be re-licenced, never put back on the road, - Thats the kind you dont want.

Damn, how did i miss this! Its so, so unfortunate, perhaps some replacement panels will come up on ebay? Of all the bloody cars to hit - why not an excel, or lancer!!! How did it happen anyway? I hope it can be worked out, this car deserves to be on the road.

Regards,

Tom