My misfortune... - 240K Skyline - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

My misfortune...

Featured Replies

:sick:

agf000160hv.jpg

agf000182vv.jpg

agf000171ea.jpg

Hoping fixable, should be but hard to say. Still waiting on quotes... :ogre:

Yipes! Sorry to see the damage to your ride! It will take a lot of panel beating to straighten out, but looks doable. Hopefully you can find an old school body man who can actually pound that dent out.

  • Author

Yeah, the bill won't be small, but it will be their insurance paying. I've got a guy lined up to do it, just waiting on those quotes...

Bummer man. I hate to see that sort of thing with all the time we spend on our cars. Good luck with that.

Sorry to see the damage. An real good old-time body man should be able to fix it up, though it will cost a pretty penny. I remember seeing one such man putting body filler on the outside of a single-wall pick-up truck bed, and when I looked on the inside, I couldn't see any trace of the dent or hammer marks. When I asked him about it, he just laughed at me . . . . .

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

i almost cried.... anyway, it's fixable... luckily you have ins to take care of it...

Yeah, insurance if they don't just decide it's a writeoff.

Crossing my fingers for you Michael !

..so the guy that did that to you, is he out of intensive care yet?

I am so sorry to see what happened to your beautiful C110. Hopefully, their insurance company will come through and pay for you to get it back to as good as new condition. I am crossing my fingers for you Mike. I really feel for you. Somebody hit my car, but it was not quite as severe. I got it fixed, but they payed out of pocket.

-Ben

Definetly repairable.

Dunno how it works in NZ, but in Aus there are 2 types of a writeoff (well in WA at least, not sure about other states).

Basically there is a financial write-off - meaning it will cost more to fix than the car is insured for (usually if its going to cost more than 80% of what the car is insured for, they will write it off).

That's the type of write off you want if they aren going to fix it, because you can take the payout, minus the salvage cost of the vechile, which measn you get to keep the car also. They you get it repaired privately.

The other type of write off, puts it on the list of cars that can never be re-licenced, never put back on the road, - Thats the kind you dont want.

Damn, how did i miss this! Its so, so unfortunate, perhaps some replacement panels will come up on ebay? Of all the bloody cars to hit - why not an excel, or lancer!!! How did it happen anyway? I hope it can be worked out, this car deserves to be on the road.

Regards,

Tom

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.