IGNORED

At last, a 280ZX two seat coupe

260DET

Yeh, its pretty exciting after all this time, don't know the size of the Wats, Mikunis, anything, part of the excitement :)

Going to be a road/sprint car, mostly circuit stuff. Should arrive within two months, once it does I'll sort out what parts are going to be sold and probably put it all on Ozdat, maybe some on Ebay. Wheels, L28, gearbox, coilovers, carbs, extractors..........

Richard,

Nice looking S130! If you are looking for ideas a good site to visit is :

http://www.s130.net

It is mostly RHD cars although a few LHD models were allowed in (my gray '81--although the pic is with the all black mesh wheels as opposed to the 16" Epsilons).

Your S130 looks to have been silver originally; do you plan to return it to the original color? The 'Datsun' spare tire cover is something I have never seen before; is that a factory piece?

Hope your wait is rewarded when it finally shows up.

oh damn thats nice...

could i be a pain and asked how much you will be getting it here landed... PM me if you like... just want to get a Z31 2 seater, 200zr but prices way to high from what ive looked at

what size are the watts...

• 1 month later...

Who is AQIS? I'm guessing quarantine. They will take 3 days from when called to turn up, probably ask for it to be washed, then tahe another 3 days to re-inspect. Some cars they are happy with and dont' need a wash (rare) and others need a second wash (also rare).

I'm still waiting for my car to arrive, so I know the happiness you must now be feeling. Good luck with it.

It looks like theres no power steering was that optional in Japan?

This may or may not help with your question but here goes:

The no power steering "option" was in fact available worldwide until 1981. After 1981 the 280ZX's were not available without power steering. Most of the time you can spot a non power steering equipped car (in stock trim) by noting the presence hubcaps over steel wheels. The 280ZX hubcap features a hexagonal shape in the center of the cap. Another way to tell is if the car is lacking a rear window wiper assembly. Another way to spot (assuming stock condition) is by noting the type of seat installed by the factory. If it's a high back bucket similar to the S30 then the 280ZX you're looking at has the power steering delete. Lastly, if the 280ZX you're looking at has t-tops then it would have power steering.

In the case of my '81 280ZX (see pic) it also has a different style of side moulding that is beveled like the overseas market models. My ZX has the all black interior, high back bucket seats, rear window delete, analog style AM/FM radio, manual windows, and is missing the 10 function check display along with power steering delete.

post-3015-14150796921568_thumb.jpg

Richard,

I forgot to ask a favor for when you actually get the new Zed home.

If you could remove the driver's side (in your RHD case) plastic cover in the luggage area and look at the back side of it paying special attention to a stamped number. This number should be the production date of your Zed in the Showa period. For example, in my case that plastic panel (LHD) is on the passenger side and for left hookers the panel covers the temporary spare and its attendant hardware.

Recently, I pulled the panel from my car for general purpose and on the back side of the panel was stamped : 56.4.28--this number converted equates to April 28,1981 (the Showa period in Japan begins in 1925 thus, if you add 56 to 25 you get 81) which concides with the door jamb tag of 04/81. The RHD cars probably will not have the door jamb tag and so in its place this date on the back of that panel might help to date code your Zed.