IGNORED

14" tires

george71z

For all of you with the stock size wheel (14") on your Z: have you had any trouble getting tires? I had to replace one with a broken belt last month, and wanting to get one the same as the rest, I went to the Tire Kingdom store I had purchased them from originally. It took 9 days to get one tire in, and the salesman said they were getting hard to come by, as they are not making 14's as much anymore. Any one hear anything like this?

14s are getting harder to find. I have 20560 Dunlop D60A2's on my 810 and I'm looking to replace them soon. I have called around and everyone I called says that they would have to order them. I have 22560 Yokohama A-509's on my Z. They're not even made anymore. I won't need to replace those for a while but when I do, it'll be tough to find an equivalent replacement.

I have 22560 Yokohama A-509's on my Z. They're not even made anymore. I won't need to replace those for a while but when I do, it'll be tough to find an equivalent replacement.

Too bad, as those Yoko's look tough on your car! When I saw them at the picnic, to my shame, I coveted thy neigboor's tires.

It's just supply and demand. As Car manufactureres shifted to larger size rims (15"+) as standard, tyre manufactures, make more larger tyres, and less older size tyres, and the tyre shops dont keep the older sizes in stock, because there's not alot of demand for them, and they would just take up space.

Thats why if I was putting new mags on the Z I'd go for 15 inch wheels.

Theres a Melbourne in Florida?

Yes, it's Melbourne, Florida; and yes we do have some great surf. The champ, Kelly Slater is from here, as are many other world class surfers. But I digress. My tire size is 225/60R14. Don't know if it was the wider width in 14" that was a holdup, or just the 14" dia.

For all of you with the stock size wheel (14") on your Z: have you had any trouble getting tires? I had to replace one with a broken belt last month, and wanting to get one the same as the rest, I went to the Tire Kingdom store I had purchased them from originally. It took 9 days to get one tire in, and the salesman said they were getting hard to come by, as they are not making 14's as much anymore. Any one hear anything like this?

I can find 14'' tires but if you are looking for a tire that is a performance tire , the best and only one that comes close is a Yokohama AVSES100 in 205 /60 14 . These are supposed to be a good compond and are a sticky tire. At prestent I am running regular passanger tires and they brake loose at the drop of a hat. I cannot trust them for stopping even on dry pavement . They just don't stick , must be the compond and or the lack of weight with the Z. I dont know , but they only have about 3K on them at the most. Gary I have had two close calls with my present tires and both times the freeway was totally dry , fortuneatly I had plenty of stopping room. Even then I came close.

The A-509 is the best tire by far I ever had on my Z. Super sticky. I have 2 in my garage w/few miles in size 205/60-14 if anybody is interested.

I just cannot find another pair to match. I put new Sumimotos on it last year.

Very good but not like the old A-509's.

My car has 205/60-14s on it now (just generic cheapies, nothing good). My problem is that once I get the four speed in it with the auto rear axle ratio, I'm probably going to want a taller tire than 205/60-14 for highway cruising. I'd want to go with 225/60-14, but the choices aren't good. Since I need new wheels anyway, I'll probably try to go 15" instead.