IGNORED

What club features do you like or want?

Mike

What features would you find useful?  

751 members have voted

1. 1. What features would you find useful?

• Forums
    • Event Calendar
    • Search
    • Photo Gallery
    • Classifieds
    • Shout Box on Main
    • Web Links
    • Chat
    • Product Reviews
    • Technical Articles
    • F.A.Q.
    • Encyclopedia
    • Active Threads Listing
    • 240z Club Mailing List
    • Journal

Hi all,

I am putting together a list of club features that are liked and are wanted at the club. For instance, the FORUMS are our most popular item. But, we also have other modules that give all the members a lot of benefits. For example, the CONTENT module will allow us to sponsor technical articles. The LINKS module gives us a list of many different websites on the Internet. And, I believe there are a few other features that are missing or offline at the moment. I'd be glad to know which one of these I should work on next.

Anyway, please open this message in FORUM VIEW (link below) and look at my poll. Click on all of the features of this club that you think you'll use. Thanks!

-- Mike

I like the idea of the product reviews, but which products? Who will review? too many variables there, but it could still be done just for others to know what products are out there (struts, shocks, coil springs, CAIs, etc. You'd need a poll just for product ideas! :)

The F.A.Q.s are always needed, and the encyclopedias would go with that. You could do another CD with just that stuff! ( with photos, video, etc.)

How about a registry in database form where we can input our vin, build date, engine # and current owner. Similar to the one on Zcar.

That's not a bad idea. It's actually quite easy for me to add to our existing system. It will probably be built into the user database and user profile database. Ie: It won't be a separate system.

Instant messaging is already here. Check out the buddy list and the quick buddy window and you can get the instant messaging to work.

The instructional videos is a great idea... That one will be a lot of effort on behalf of our members, but, we do have the infrastructure in place to support video uploads.

We also have the infrastructure in place for product reviews. We just need people to upload their articles. ;)

Oh, and the gallery link is in the works. I lost the changes last upgrade.

-- Mike

I voted for a few, especially the ones I use a lot. I do like the idea of an encyclopedZia, you know for all of us with a less than adequate memory, and to help the newbs out with the JDM's HID's and the LSD's. Oh, and for Bill's sake how 'bout a spell check... sorry Bill couldn't resist :)

Hi Mike, thanks for such a great site. I have had so many questions answered by the wonderful members here and also through the search function. And, being active and involved with my Z, I like to share information on the work I've done. I take a lot of pictures as I do things, both to jog my fuzzy memory, and also to help others who may be undertaking similar projects.

I like the ability to create photo albums in the picture gallery, it's a great way to organize things. Is there a way to move photos I've already uploaded into an album? A couple of albums I created a while back are now empty, not sure what happened, as the photos are still in my gallery, just not in the album anymore.

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

judging by the poll results it looks like the 240z Club Mailing List is not on the popular list. I've been a member of the 240z.org mailing list for years. I've never been much of an active user on the club site but I pay close attention to the mailing list.

In my line of work it easier for me to follow my e-mail.