IGNORED

Eat your heart out......

dat240z71

I guess **** really didn't say he had the lowest mileage Z - but rather the lowest mileage 71 240-Z.

A friend owns a 78 Black Pearl with something like 650 miles.. Unlike the car on e-bay however, it still has it's original tires, wheels etc.

Makes one wonder why anyone would change the original tires, if they were trying to keep the car "original" and "very very low mileage".... it bothers me a bit when I see a car with 5K miles - and the original tires are gone... If I am paying the big bucks for 100% Original - not having the original tires a proof of actual mileage... would turn me off this one.. To easy to just disconnect the speedo on these old Z's.. If one took care of the car, you couldn't tell the difference between 5K miles and 12K or 15K...

FWIW,

Carl

Carl B.

Makes one wonder why anyone would change the original tires, if they were trying to keep the car "original" and "very very low mileage".... it bothers me a bit when I see a car with 5K miles - and the original tires are gone...

Tires, like all forms of rubber, deteriorate with time. It's possible the car sat for a long time and the tires flattopped or rotted out. If the owner is trying to sell it, it's a lot easier when the car is in a driveable condition, or even towable as opposed to trailer stock.

Plus potential buyers often swoon when hearing what "new" parts a car has. Makes it sound well maintained. (Or maintained, at least).

I agree about getting a car to drive, and would look at this car as a nice opportunity for someone that wants to buy a new car, but doesn't like whats available on the market today for selection in the under $30K price range. Guessing that the owner may want to get $25K out if it, at that price its still a lot less expensive than many new cars today, and if it really has only 5K miles it has less than that is less than some new dealer 'demo' cars have today!

Is Ebay really the best place to sell a car like this?

Not from what I have seen. But if all that you intend to do is get validation that a vehicle is actually worth "something", you can set a unreachable reserve and then take the highest non-winning bid as the vehicle's "true market value".

At least I presume that is the game that some people are playing on Ebay.

From the reserve price that some things on Ebay have, I have to presume that there is some kind of insurance value justification going on.

If you truly have a vehicle that is worth a considerable amount of money you list it in one of the collector's papers, or take it to a high end auction.

But of course the bidders there mostly know what they are doing... not a good place for scammers.

.....,,,,,,If you truly have a vehicle that is worth a considerable amount of money you list it in one of the collector's papers, or take it to a high end auction.

But of course the bidders there mostly know what they are doing... not a good place for scammers.

That coupled with the fact that a 77 280Z is not worth what he probably expects to get for it, regardless of the mileage. Maybe to him but not to others in the know. Ebay is probably the right place for this car.

I really hope he gets it ..hahah and I really wonder why ..or if .. he would pay that in the first place. This would all make my 77 280 worth more when I am done. This place he bought it from seems to have many overpriced cars listed. Those TR6's are not worth the price listed .. or even close to it!

But I guess a car is woth whst someone will pay for it.