IGNORED

So I visited RockyAuto Japan...

drunkenmaster

Lots of nice stuff there, then you come to this: attachment.php?attachmentid=10139. WTF??? Is it just me, or is this not the single dumbest cage design ever. Maybe someone could design a cage where a bar wrapped all the way around your head so that you could hit it while decelerating and turning in both directions. I suppose that would be even dumber...

Apparently my link no worky. I'm griping about the last shot of the orange/red car with the bar from about shoulder height to the top of the A pillar with NO PADDING.

Unfortunately the 2 biggest things I wanted to look at were a disappointment.

Fitment of the fat RB25DET gearbox and CV conversions. Turns out all the cars I could get a look at were running the skinny RB20DETgearbox and all the cars were still running drum brakes and uni's!

Just being around the photo shoot and being able to sit in all the cars I had only seen in photos was great though.

That won't be a day you will forget in a hurry James :)

From what I hear a lot of the Japanese car thing is about show, whatever is in and has status, currently customised old cars. But then there are the real enthusiasts who put preformance first, like us around here :lick:

Oh, where is my HS130 :nervous:

Have an S30 in Japan is purely a luxury not unlike an exotic. Not too many of them around and not too many owners willing to risk denting them in atrocious traffic or on the track. They are beautiful examples though, pity there aren't more of them around.

Have an S30 in Japan is purely a luxury not unlike an exotic. Not too many of them around and not too many owners willing to risk denting them in atrocious traffic or on the track. They are beautiful examples though, pity there aren't more of them around.

Think of all the parts we've lost. :cry: