Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be

answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the

"Help" link in the header of any page.

----------------------------------------------------------------

PROTECT YOUR PASSWORD

NEVER give your password to anyone and ONLY log in at

https://www.paypal.com/.Protect yourself against fraudulent websites

by opening a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape) and typing

in the PayPal URL every time you log in to your account.

----------------------------------------------------------------

PayPal Email ID PP00510

Turns out that this is a fraud that these bast*rds are trying to get my money!!! So if any of you get this email or one like it don't logon to anything and report it to paypal! If you look the link says paypal but it does not even link to pay pall it goes to...http://www.zha.sk/html/.,/info/index.php as you can amagine i'm thoroughly pissed about this!!!!!!! So just be on the look out guys. LOL and I"m forming a posse to go hunt these guys down so if you have guns and your in let me know!!!!LOL :rambo: :smoke:

I get the message below about every other week. It too is a scheme. If ever in doubt....go directly to paypal and look for info on the site itself.....never click a link on

one of these emails. I hate to guess how many people actually take these for the real thing. These guys must be tough to catch.

Here is the message I get quite often.

-------------

Dear valued PayPal® member,

Due to recent fraudulent transactions, we have issued the following security requirements.

It has come to our attion that 98% of all fraudulent transactions are caused by members using stolen credit cards to purchase or sell non existant items. Thus we require our members to add a Debit/Check card to their billing records as part of our continuing commitment to protect your account and to reduce the instance of fraud on our website. Your Debit/Check card will only be used to identify you. If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and renew your records you will not run into any future problems with the PayPal® service. However, failure to confirm your records will result in your account suspension.

We are requesting this information to verify and protect your identity. Federal regulations require all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record identification from all persons opening new accounts or obtaining ongoing payment services. This is in order to prevent the use of the U.S. banking system in terrorist and other illegal activity. For these reasons, PayPal® will utilize services provided by various credit reporting agencies to verify the information you submit to us.

Once you have updated your account records your pending PayPal® account transactions will not be interrupted and will continue as normal.

To update your billing records please login to your account by clicking here.

Thank you for your time,

PayPal® Billing Department.

If you're using Outlook like so many do, let your mouse hover over the link for a few seconds. The URL (address) that you will REALLY go to if you click will pop up. Look to see if the domain matches. For example, in this case the domain turned out to be zha.sk. It would have been paypal.com or ebay.com if it was legit. If it's a string of numbers (IP address), don't click either.

Looks like that "Spoofed" email is coming out of "Slovakia" (I.E. - Central Europe) I've got a program that traces all that stuff if it's any help. I get them all the time...usually just send them on to Paypal without even thinking twice about it...

webdawg1

Looks like that "Spoofed" email is coming out of "Slovakia" (I.E. - Central Europe) I've got a program that traces all that stuff if it's any help. I get them all the time...usually just send them on to Paypal without even thinking twice about it...

webdawg1

LOL that could come in handy to know the email address to these guys!! my roommate is a computer programmer for many companies including McGraw-Hill and I was going to ask him what he could do and maybe have him make me a "program" to send to there account for x-mas!! see if I can't shut them down for a bit!!!!LOL :mad:

• 1 month later...