IGNORED

carb change over from FI

gator

• 2 weeks later...

Ok .. for all who is interested .. I am almost finished this conversion and have found that the choke from a 240 will mount into my console .. I just need to drill 1 hole in the metal bracket to get the screw holes to line up underneath where the choke lever mounts. Since I have installed the SU's the motor seems to really like me. I fell much more power and the car runs great. The header has helped too I think. There only small things now to finish and then the big paint job next spring. I drive this car 50 kms to and from work every day and love it. I just hope the Canadian winter doesnt cause me to plow into someone. I went out and bought new winter tires.

Cheers all ...

BTW .. anyone wanting advice on converting their FI to SU's feel free to contact me. I would be happy to tell you all I have learned from my conversion.

Bruce

I performed some quick and dirty readjustment on my carbs last weekend. And it's all good, starts quickly, idles smoothly at about 800 rpm, and for the first time since I bought it - it doesn't miss! Still probably needs some fine-tuning, but for a car that isn't yet ready for the road, it's running pretty dang good.

Re: the not shutting off with the key - that is fixed too. My car has a 280ZX alternator on it (that I wasn't aware of). And whoever did the swap didn't know not to connect the external regulator. With the diode and jumpers, that's all good as well. Tach now works and is accurate. (Or as accurate as an early 240Z tach ever was. LOL )

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...