IGNORED

What do you want your Z to be worth?

Zvoiture

What do you want your Z to be worth?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want your Z to be worth?

• I want Z's to be cheap and plentiful.
    • I want Z's to be rare and expensive.

Do you like your Z's cheap and easy? Do you enjoy seeing several 1st gen. Z's on the road every day? Do you like wrecking yards full of them? Do you like being able to crack the classifieds and find them for under $1000?

--OR--

Do you want them all garaged and rare? Do you want to pay $4000-5000US for a 'poor condition' re-buildable? Do you want master cylinders to cost $500 and windshields $2000? Do you want your 'good-to-pristine' Z to easily sell for more than $10,000? Do you want to be able to put $5000 INTO a Z and get $6000 OUT?

steve77

I like buying them for cheap and inexpensive and when I work on it I want parts to be cheap but when I sell them I want them to be rare and VERY expensive. That does not make sense, but I think it is what everybody wants deep down inside.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I want to see the wrecking yards full of them so I can scoop them all up for cheap and bring them home....only to revive each and every one in order to keep as many of them on the road and original as possible.

I would keep many aside to sell to ITS guys to keep them in winning racing history but keep them out of the clutches of butchers grafting massive wings and farty exausts to them.

nothing hurts me more than to see these cars turned into a 6 X 6 cube of recycled metal.

I think it a catch 22. Sure I feel we all would like to see the Z go up in value some what. But I dont think we want them way up there in price. Think about it. We have a car thats fun sporty and affordable now. But if we saw the Z catching classic porsche money I think most of us here would be out of our price range and only seeing them in classic races or shows.

The way things are now it looks like we are in a nice up-swing for the values on our cars. Lets keep it going. :love:

I just dont want to see it go through the roof. I enjoy the Z for the car it is ALONG with the low cost and for me thats what make it a fun toy. If the prices jump or spike cool but that could cause a sell off by most. Then bang the fun sporty cheap car we love is now out of reach for most that love them. Then what would we do here? Talk dreams?

I don't really think of my Z in terms of how much money it is worth. I would never sell it unless it was to get one in better condition that doesn't need so much work done on it. If I had access to a good shop and the know-how, I wouldn't sell it then, however I am mechanically stupid and don't have a shop/tools. When I got the car, I thought that I would have a hand in doing the work, that was part of the appeal, but so much for that.:mad: It is just one of those things that you can't put a $ value on, I just know that I LOVE driving it!!!!:love: