IGNORED

New CBS show will feature a '70 Z

nwcubsman

Let's assume the door not being able to be opened by the chick inside the car is just part of the story--you guys are geeking on it too much....

In real life, you have to lock the door when it's closed--annoying, but good because I've never locked my keys inside :-)...I don't recall how he opened the door after she drove, but I'd think that the inside handle and window knob were both disabled (along with the lock not there inside)...I don't think we are going to make sense of the situation though...they kind of screwed up there on logic...

The color wasn't 'orange' but was 'Datsun Red' like my car, red 110...you can tell because when he's driving away and you see the rear, its much more red in the shadows...my fiance was saying..."that looks just like your car, but something is different"...I pointed out that it didn't have bumper guards---makes a big difference in looks, I'm surprised my chick noticed.

The wipers were obviously on another car--they worked way too well--as anyone knows that owns an early 240...280z's have great wipers in comparison. I thought the ones they showed worked real good, wish mine worked that well.

Tomohawk--you're doomed man, from now one everyone is going to think you are trying to kill chicks with your Zed...(just kidding)....

You all take care...by the way, after the first shot at the beginning, I really tried to watch this show, but it sucked (esp. right after CSI) I had to turn it to something else around 10:15 or 20....I tried though...

Wow you guys are dwelling on the wrong stuff, I say they did a great job at making the car look great on tv, if it was a movie I would be posting on what was wrong but overall I was pleased. The fact that they basically said we are all jocks that cant get laid so we buy this fancy sports cars to make us feel "larger" down below and use it to make up for our lack of confidence to approach a chick is what made me laugh, they burned us with that, but that can be applied to any sports car. Before you comment I am not agreeing with what they said I just thought it was funny b/c I always thought of american muscle cars to fit what they described as a typical Z driver. One more thing, unless they have a Z every week I think im done with that show, the Z was the star.

The fact that they basically said we are all jocks that cant get laid so we buy this fancy sports cars to make us feel "larger" down below and use it to make up for our lack of confidence to approach a chick is what made me laugh, they burned us with that, but that can be applied to any sports car.

The writer must have been confusing the 240z for a Corvette. ROFL

"In real life, you have to lock the door when it's closed"

You CAN have it locked and close the door at the same time. You just have to keep the handle lifted up. Try it. :)

Negative. Mine must not be working properly then, because mine WILL NOT lock unless the door is closed. Doesn't matter what combination of pushing the lock turning the key and position of the handle I try - the door MUST be closed in order to get the lock to move. On the other hand, the 86 Toyota MR2 I had needed the handle up in order to remain locked when the door was being closed.

All in all, I'm just ecstatic they used a Z (esp. a 240 :classic: ) in the introductory episode. But we still need a show where a main character drives a Z, just as long as they don't make any Duke's of Hazard jumps with it.

But we still need a show where a main character drives a Z, just as long as they don't make any Duke's of Hazard jumps with it.

I second that notion. I had a good story line for a cartoon I was thinking about. The main person, Bolt Jakons, is a mechanic and he drove a 240Z. To begin the story, he is working on an 510 and a really nice Red Head drives up in a Purple 280 2+2. Let the magic begin. No title yet, but it will have a lot of Nissans and Datsuns. Thought I'd share, I have the art skill, but now I think a "B" rated film could be in the works. All I have to do is fix my car and find a 2+2. LOL

There is actually a video game with the main character having a 240z in japan, I got it for the japan ps2 its called Wangan Midnight, japanese animation combined with tokyo highway race games. Amazing opening video with a zoom in on the engine(240z w/L28turbo) reving up, but the game is bad. The pic below has a small shot of the cover.

PA.01771.001.jpg

i was watching some tv yesterday and seen a preview for a show called "sex, lies, and secrets" or at least i think that was the name, cant quite remember exactly but its something like that. anyway i could of swore i seen a metalic orange 280zx in one of the shots. anyone else see the preview for that?

In the States, I think the game is called "Tokyo Racer Zero" I have yet to see the 240Z.

No this game never made it here at all, it was based on japanese animation characters, they used the same highways as tokyo extreme but only used about 15 cars in this game. Doesn't matter b/c outside of the intro the game sucked. If I didn't have 56k I would download it for you guys to see it's worth it.

I was disappointed too - the Z was good looking, but not enough of it. Also, how many times have you sold an early Z car (I have sold two 240Z's in the past - I admit my sin) and I have never had a woman call on the ad. The idea that he used this tactic to get his victim (a young beautiful woman) is very far fetched! Also, he drove his pristine Z in the rain - what Z nut would do that!! LOL Sorry if I ruined the show for those who taped it!!

Hey 73,

I drive mine in the rain. Maybe not pristine, but very nice and only 55,000 miles. You don't drive in the rain in Oregon, you don't drive!

I was disappointed too - the Z was good looking, but not enough of it. Also, how many times have you sold an early Z car (I have sold two 240Z's in the past - I admit my sin) and I have never had a woman call on the ad. The idea that he used this tactic to get his victim (a young beautiful woman) is very far fetched! Also, he drove his pristine Z in the rain - what Z nut would do that!! LOL Sorry if I ruined the show for those who taped it!!

No, you didn't ruin it. I think the writers of the show beat you to that! After watching it from beginning to end finally, since I had previously only scanned it for the Z scenes, the Z might have been the best part. I was only mildly impressed with the story line especially following CSI. Oh, and I don't drive my Z or my 320 in the rain. That's what daily drivers are for.