IGNORED

240Z bumpers on a 280Z

HDC

To help HDC, there are brackets being sold to mount 240 / 260 bumpers in the stock 240 location on all S30 chassis. The rear mount is very straightforward, remove the tow hooks and stock bumpers, bolt up the brackets to the tow hook mounting holes, mount the bumper to the bracket. The front brackets are a bit more complex, and I've lost the link to the company where I saw them or I'd post it.

I've collapsed the bumper shocks on my 260 and removed all the rubber trim. When it comes back from painting I'll be remounting the bumpers and they'll look like USDM 240 / Euro & JDM S30 units.

It's your car, do what you want with it. Take what people say on the internet with a grain of salt, and search before you post so you don't have to ask something that might already have been covered in detail.

...just a warning, CZC has a lot of purists! Tread lightly.

I thought about Yakin off my "BOAT ANCHORES" ,that is,

untill I got rear ended by a soccer mom at a Red Light :rolleyes:

And guess what, NOT A SCRATCH ON THE BUMPER CHROME :DROFL

So untill I get me baby Ruby repainted those boat anchores stays :love: ......... for now :ninja:

FYI Boat Anchores is a nic name for 280Z bumpers.

~Z~

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished this swap. It totally rocks. Fabbed my own front brackets and bent up the rear ones to get it all to fit nicely. Car accelerates, brakes, steers and handles noticeably better now that it's 90 pounds off the extreme front and rear.

To each there own. The boat anchors have multiple advantages, but I like this.

1002429ce9.jpg

zrearrx6.jpg

The only reason I could imagine that one would want to alter the original setup would be if it affected performance. For most I don't think this would be an issue, as we don't travel at those speeds very often (without the attention of police), but I have read that there is a high speed stability issue associated with the 280 front bumpers. Sound familiar?

Nothing that a air dam/front spoiler won't cure. But don't all S30's have a problem with front end lift at higher speeds?
I have read that the front end lift problem was reduced with the change in rake that the 260Z got. But still there. I know that my stock '71 is quite bad at freeway speeds, especially in cross-winds. My spook was shipped two days ago...

I just finished this swap. It totally rocks. Fabbed my own front brackets and bent up the rear ones to get it all to fit nicely. Car accelerates, brakes, steers and handles noticeably better now that it's 90 pounds off the extreme front and rear.

To each there own. The boat anchors have multiple advantages, but I like this.

1002429ce9.jpg

zrearrx6.jpg

Lookin' sharp!

I would really like to do this some day...