IGNORED

MR2 or 240z-I have to choose :(

Room4/2

Hey guyz!! I am in a sticky situation, and in need of some advice.

I know it may be hard to get an unbiased opinion with the choices, but I'm sure some of you are familiar with the MR2. To be specific, the two cars are a 1991 N/A MR2 that I currently drive, or a 1971 240z that is very complete and in just as good condition, aside from needing a paint job. I have had the MR2 for about a year, and its an awesome car, but I can't get the Z out of my head. I would only be able to keep one for very long, with both being 2-seaters. I know it will come down to me choosing in the end, but this is the site whose opinion I take as seriously as my own. Is there a way to compare the pros and cons of both with them being as different as they are? I am leaning towards the Z, because I love it and always wanted one. I just never thought about having to sacrifice my other toy!! Please offer any opinions!

... or a 1971 240z that is very complete and in just as good condition, aside from needing a paint job. I have had the MR2 for about a year, and its an awesome car, but I can't get the Z out of my head. /QUOTE]

I think therein lies your answer.

The pros: A good running Z (as good as the much newer car in your opinion)

The cons: A MR2

Keep the Z!!!

JMO

Vicky

Sounds like an opportunity to fulfill a long standing dream. If at some point in the future you can have two toys you'll be able to get another MR2. They will be around for quite some time. Z's are getting scarcer by the minute. If rust isn't eating them then crushers are... well, it pains me to even say it.

agreed with first gen Z, about you can get a mr2 all the time...

also, the mr2 is a n/a mr2, not that highly acclaimed for power output, so id go the Z in that regard, and again as first gen Z said, get a mr2 later in life, and maybe a turbo that time so you can keep the Z a classic n/a while you have turbo/power fun in the mr2...

i have driven a friends n/a mr2, and i can see myself getting bored with it, but im still a Z fanatic after 7 years of discovering,,,,

I think the "mini stats" for this site tells it all in a nutshell....7,xxx plus users, 130,xxx some odd posts....Hello....Wake up and smell the java....get hold of yourself man....(smack, smack, smack) I know which one I'd pick.....How many MR2 forums do you know of that have those kind of stats?

webdawg1

i'm on my computer just now, lookin out my window at my zed parked in front of my house in the shade.a car pulls up along side with 3 seniors, stops, and a little old white haired lady(looks to be in her 80's) gets out of the passenger side,walks up behind my zed for a quick look and gets back in the car. this would never happen with a mr2.

Well, I guess I'll have to add my two cents worth, as this appears to be a life changing situation for Room4/2! Brother, and I use that term loosely, every so often in life certain unique things occur or come our way. Now, its my point of view that the early (original) Z cars fit into that catagory. So, just do it, you won't regret it!!!

Back in 1970 when I first was the 240...it was love at first sight and I knew that one day I'd have one of my own. Thirteen years later (1983), I made good on my promise to myself and purchased my 1970 240Z. In the year 2000, I breathed new life into the old girl and turned her back into a....shall we say, a 18 year old hardbody :love:. Members here know what I'm talking about!

So, at this point there should be no more question about the choice you make.......RIGHT???

You guys all give strong points!! That's why I came here. I needed you guys to push me over the edge and you did a great job. Now to find an owner for the MR2! :( I know I am making the right choice, and look forward to having many discussions with you on different Z related issues. I can't wait til I am officially the owner of the Z. Should be late August before I have the money, but I have to leave a deposit today after work. It is selling for $2000, but the lady is older and willing to let me pay it out, then take the car. Thanks for all your help!!! I will post pics as soon as possible!