IGNORED

USA members need help from the UK!

hls30.com

Could one of you guys from the places where Zs are sold withthe steering wheel on the right(not to be confused with correct!) side of the car see if the 240Z mirrors are available from the Nissan Dealer. A bunch of us Yanks are interested in huying them and having them shipped. Thanks to Carl Beck, we have a part number: 96301-P7200

I will post a picture a little later to help verify what we are asking for.

Will

Thanks Andrew,

Late this afternoon, I will post a series of pictures of the side mirror we want to match-That part number should be a match for the mirrors we have. I have a list of three or four other possabilities as well.

Since we can't get any of them here, we really don't know if anyof them matches...

Here is the list of possible matches:

96301-P7200

96301-E4100

96301-P9100

The mirror we have as issued by nissan is part number 96301-E4600

this is the mirror I will be posting pictures of.

The one real quandry I have is: If Nissan Part numbering convention is consistant, the part number for the match of the left mirror(96301-E4600) should be 96302-E4600, and that part number does not come up.

Will

post-4106-14150795431115_thumb.gif

post-4106-14150795431802_thumb.gif

Hey Will,

I had a pm from zsaint, (Loren), asking the same question.

I can't help personally but, as I told Loren, I get all my bits and pieces from a supplier in Sydney;

www.allzparts.com.au

If you don't add the "au" you'll get a Yank supplier.

The boss's name is Warren. Nice bloke, helpful, certainly knows Zeds, a bit slow in responding at times but I've found him reliable and prices reasonable.

I got the L.h. mirror from him so I presume he would have the R.h. ones.

Rick.

The one real quandry I have is: If Nissan Part numbering convention is consistant, the part number for the match of the left mirror(96301-E4600) should be 96302-E4600, and that part number does not come up.

Will

Will,

Looking at my UK-market parts lists just now, I can see the following part numbers:

*96301-E4100 - ASSY-BACK MIRROR OUTSIDE RH ( Exc. France ) - EUROPE.

*96302-E4100 - ASSY-BACK MIRROR OUTSIDE LH ( Exc. France ) - EUROPE.

*96302-E8800 - ASSY-BACK MIRROR DOOR OUTSIDE RH ( for Australia ).

Note that there seems to be no number for the "Australia" LH mirror..........

I honestly can't recall ever having seen one of these mirrors fitted to a UK-market car.

I'll ask my friendly Nissan dealer, but I don't hold out much hope I'm afraid.......

Alan T.

I have called Nissan USA, and gotten some information, and a proceedure to go about in trying to find these mirrors. In the course of the conversation I informed the gentleman I was speaking to that I would be happy to do the research myself, but that I would like pertinant points of contact, or access to the other versions(non USA) of Efast(Nissans' In-house parts program)-or equivalent-he said he would check into that, but that obviously those were not the prepaired fare that were at ready for release.

Because this conversation was well outside of the standard Nissan script, permissions and clearances would have to be verified before I was to be given such access.

On a brighter possability,

One of the Deprtment heads within the parts distribution framework will be getting a letter in a two days containing all of the part numbers listed in this thread, and several photos of the drivers side mirror we are trying to match. The gentleman will be in the office on Thursday, and my point of contact has promissed to hand deliver the request to him personally. I have also been told that if this is not a productive request, there are other avenues to explore.

I was able to get telephone numbers to several of the Nissan parts distribution locations in the UK, but asked not to use them until we had explored the more local means of finding out about the mirors.

I have also contacted both allZparts.com/.au, and MJPauto.com to attempt to enlist their help in finding some.

Will

I have spoken with Warren @ All-Z re the rhs drivers side mirror and he tells me he can no longer get them genuine from Nissan; if he cannot get them then I suggest that no one can.

He is having them remade, apparently a few guys here in Australia have them installed. I havent seen any personally, but reportedly the plating used on the piece which holds the mirror glass isnt plated the same as the original.

Joseph

I have been trying to call his shop since 8am his time-it either rings off the hook, or it is buisy! Now I don't guess I need to make that call...

Will

PS, any chance of a used one? As long as the stalk isn't broken, I can make do.