IGNORED

Moron epidemic?

Ricklandia

Bambikiller240's caution about the left hand threads is probably your problem. When I had my toe-in set at the local alignment shop the Tech couldn't get the drivers side tierod loose. He used a torch to get is super hot and still no luck. A more knowledgeable Tech came over and turned it the opposite way (cw = left hand threads to loosen) and it came loose on first try.

Rick,

I recently completed a complete rebuild on the suspension on my '71. I did the same to my '70 2 years ago. In both cases, I used "Moog" brand ball joints and tie rod ends. They are very high quality parts and at least half the price of Nissan parts. I got mine at CarQuest. Don't know if they are in your area. Call around, you should be able to find them. Don't use anything made in Taiwan.

Good luck.

Marty

I had the same problem with a pair of Meyle ball joints I got on ebay. I ended up with a pair of Mcquay-Norris ball joints that I got at the local Autozone. They fit perfectly. Price was about $36 each.

Here's the link to the info I posted about my ebay ball joint experience:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17621

Kenny P.

Kenny, that was exactly the issue I had with mine. They have no manufacturer stampings on them so I have no idea who made them, no tag or ID on the plastic packaging either. Someone gave me a card of a Japanese-only parts place down in Miami. I'm gonna give them a call as the other more local parts people can never tell me what brand the parts are before they arrive.

• 2 months later...

Well I was lucky on the TieRod Ends, he had a clue! But when it came to the rear brakes, it ended up a 400 mile nightmare....and I was supposed to be pacified because he upgraded them? I said to him I wasnt leaving the store(its 200miles roundtrip-I refuse to buy NAPA) until he took off the wheel and matched up the brakes... He wasnt happy, but Im paying, and I was! I think we all have had this problem! And it can happen with a guy or a gal, though I usually ignore the gals and younger guys. Best of luck, Rick!