IGNORED

What I've been up to!

cremmenga

The console looks great. Would you clarify what type of undercoating you used to get the desired texture? Was it the typical rubberized stuff you can pick up at any auto parts store or was it something that dries to a harder finish such as rhino lining?

The console looks great. Would you clarify what type of undercoating you used to get the desired texture? Was it the typical rubberized stuff you can pick up at any auto parts store or was it something that dries to a harder finish such as rhino lining?

LOL well i didn't want to give away my secrets but ok.... I grinded down all the parts I didn't want like the lip on the choke lever slot, then sanded it and the surrounding area, then grinded the cracks out larger and sanded, then gave it all a light sanding. I then took fiberglass resin/bondo and filled in tall the cracks and holes i didn't want. Let dry and sanded smooth, wiped it down with some tack cloth and blew it off good with the air compressor. I then used the regular rubberized under coating from your local parts store and sprayed it lightly. THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART!!!!!!! DO NOT SPRAY IT TO CLOSE TO THE CONSOLE, STAY BACK A DISTANCE AND DO LIGHT LIGHT COATS!!! ALSO TAKE A SHOP TOWEL AND AFTER EACH SPRAY CHECK THE NOZZLE TO MAKE SURE THERE IS NO BUILD UP OF THE UNDER COATING WHATS SO EVER ON THE LITTLE SPRAY BUTTON. IF THERE IS WIPE IT OUT CLEAN, BC IF YOU DON'T IT WILL BUILD UP AND EVENTUALLY SPRAY OFF CAUSEING A LARGE BLOB ON YOUR NICE EVEN COATINGS. THE OTHER THING I LEARNED IS IF YOU GET A BLOB OR A SPOT YOU DON'T LIKE, LEAVE IT ALONE ITS NOT THAT BAD YOU WILL ONLY MAKE IT WORSE BY TRYING TO TOUCH IT WHEN ITS WET!!! TRUST ME I TRIED!!! THEN AFTER THAT DRIED SPRAY IT WITH VERY VERY THIN COATS OF BLACK SEMI GLOSS PAINT, THE KIND THAT STICKS WELL TO PLASTIC. HERE IS MY FINAL VERY INPORTANT TIP, DO NOT TOUCH IT FOR LIKE A WEEK AFTER YOU SPRAY IT WITH PAINT BC THAT RUBBERIZER AS AIR IN IT AND THE PAINT SEALS IT AND IF YOU TOUCH IT BEFORE EVERYTHING IS ALL CUED AND DRIED IT MAKES LITTLE AIR POCKETS UNDER THE PAINT!! BIG PAIN IN THE arse TOO!!!! I figured out all the does and don't by practicing on old consoles I had laying around! When done it looks very very clean and neat. Mine turned out way better than i planed, and the holes i filled in turned out to be impossible to see where they once were. If I were going to do it over I would prob. use some sort of hi textured paint instead of undercoating It has to be way easier than trying to not mess up with that touchy stuff!!! Good luck!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know of where there is an R200 near me?? I can't find any around here. If there is anyone out there that could help me out that would rock!!! I live in Kearney, NE. Even if someone had one laying around that would want to sell and ship to me cheap!! thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm selling out guys! Got the motor on ebay and its going this week! I reduced the price of my Z t $1500. That is less than half what I have put in it! So if you are interested in buying it call me 308-325-6445. There are a ton of pictures of it in my gallery.